New line

• Bailey Bernard

I have a ice fishing reel that I need to take some old line off and I haven’t really seen much about people using braided line and I was thinking about putting some 8lb power pro (has 1lb line diameter). Would this be a good idea or should I only stick with the 2-4lb mono.

troutbum
    St. Paul

I put some 5lb braid on this past week. The spool kept freezing. Really annoying. I wont use it hole hopping.

3 lb flouro for pannies is the cats a**. Smooth, drops fast and is rather durable.

Bailey Bernard

What type of Floro do you use? I tried spiderwire one year and was not very happy with it, it wasn’t very durable and it would start to fray easier then mono did for me but that could easily have just been the brand

troutbum
    St. Paul

This….

Attachments:
    1. image15.jpg

Ty Kennedy

I use Sufix 832 for braid and Seaguar Abrazx for fluoro for all my ice rods and really like both lines. The Seaguar is really nice. It’s soft enough to tie knots and bend a little while dropping a spoon or jig and it’s extremely durable.

AaronMoore

I have tried a few lines out (p line, berkley, trilene) but this seaguar brand is the best I have found. Low memory, easy to tie. you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.