New house construction painting

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Possibly looking for a painter on a new house approximately 3k sq ft. what is the going rate, no ceilings no closets slab on grade this is just painting no trim will be on prior. 8 ft sidewalls will be primed and need 2 coats stewartville area tia

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Whatever you think it will be just go ahead and double it. Same situation last year for me and my jaw is still on the floor

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My good buddy is a painter, I could send you his info over pm if you want

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I don’t think there is a “going rate” as the level of abilities and experience ranges widely. An easy way to make a brand new build look cheap is to have a marginal painter finish it.

Our painter on the new place cost a ton but we had him painting and caulking in all trim/molding so you cannot find a nail hole anywhere, painting and caulking in batten accent walls in certain rooms that the wife requested, and so on. It took our 1 man band painter who came highly recommended approximately 2 weeks on 3980sq ft with 9′ sidewalls on all levels and some 10′ tray ceilings.

Pick quality paint. The labor is too crazy expensive to cut corners there and need to have something redone years earlier. I’m a big believer in Sherwin Williams products.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just spoke with my Painter yesterday to get pricing on a job closely to what you have.

8″ walls, no ceiling, no putty millwork and he gets in before flooring.
    $3.00 a square foot. (That’s metro area)
    FYI – You don’t “need” 3 coats.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I just spoke with my Painter yesterday to get pricing on a job closely to what you have.

8″ walls, no ceiling, no putty millwork and he gets in before flooring.
    $3.00 a square foot. (That’s metro area)
    FYI – You don’t “need” 3 coats.

Agreed. Sprayed Primer by your taper + texture person…and x2 coats of high quality paint by the painter is the standard I’d say.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.