New guy from Iowa saying hello!

• Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Hey guys, been checking this site out for a few weeks now and decided to register tonight. Looks like a great site and great info on it. I’m 38 and live in North Central Iowa and call Brushy Creek my home lake but also go to the Iowa Great Lakes very often as well and call Kabeles Trading Post in Spirit Lake, Ia my go to bait shop. I’ve been up to West Okoboji ice fishing twice already this winter, one with my fiancé and last weekend with my brother and had some decent success up there. I look forward to learning more from this site and wish everybody a Merry Christmas!!!

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Welcome

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I know several people from Iowa and as far as I can recall I like every one of them. ;)
    Welcome to the boards!

competitor
    South central, mn

Welcome to IDO Steve! This is a great group of people with a wealth of knowledge!! Merry Christmas

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Welcome to IDO Steve. It’s a great place to be. wave

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

Welcome Steve, there are a great bunch of guys here and a few jokers!!!

Ed

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Welcome!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Welcome to IDO. Hard to find a better group of people. toast

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Welcome, from a fellow Iowan!

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Buckle up buttercup, this place is a wild ride! Welcome!

Travis Swanson

Just across the state and a bit south in the Cedar Rapids area….welcome and wish we had more ice here to share reports.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO.
    wave

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO! This site has lots of good info from a great bunch of guys and gals!

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Thanks for all the welcomes! I look forward to learning from everybody here and sharing what I’m doing here in Iowa!

gary d
    cordova,il

Welcome to IDO. Remember we all like pictures every now and then. coffee

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Nice to hear that there is another guy from Iowa on the site you would not happen to be a Packers fan would you

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Welcome Steve. You are going to like it here.!! …rrr

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Since u guys like pictures, here’s one of my favorites. I proposed to my girlfriend on November 29th of this year at my favorite bait shop, Kabeles in Spirit Lake,Ia and they set up an Otter ice shack like the one I’m buying this weekend, put candles in it and going up to it, and I tied the ring onto a 13 Fishing Tickle Stick and Black Betty reel. Thankfully she said yes! She loves going fishing and ice fishing with me and is truly a catch of a lifetime!

Attachments:
    1. image87.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That is a rare catch indeed! Glad you took a photo of it ’cause without a picture…it’s just a story. )

Welcome to Ido!

Fill out your profile sometime so we know where your from, it helps for many different things.

)

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Welcome! Don’t let the Iowa jokes get to ya.

Fill out your profile sometime so we know where your from, it helps for many different things.

)

Like stalking?

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Welcome to the site! Great group of people on here.
    Just came through Dubuque and Maquoketa on my way to QC area yesterday-you guys are in serious need of some ice!

Rope
    Kansas

Welcome!

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the welcomes again! I’m in North central Iowa and have to drive an hour or better to find ice so it’s a good thing gas is cheap! By mid week next week Brushy creek should be solid and fishable so I won’t have to drive much!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Ooh, post a report on that one…go by it on my way to the father-in-laws every trip. Was rumored to be a good walleye lake at one time, but never made it there to find out. Good luck, stay safe!

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Brushy Creek is a damn good lake! I know theres monster walleyes in there! Plus big gills, crappie, Muskie and bass. And there’s a fair amount of perch too. I caught 2 nice eyes early this summer, both 5 pounds and that’s where I’m gonna be ice fishing just as soon as I can get out there! Here’s one of my Eyes from this summer. This one was caught the Friday following Memorial Day.

Attachments:
    1. image93.jpg

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Nice fish! Can’t wait to hear the ice fishing report!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Welcome aboard Steve!
    Don’t forget to ask BK about the new member starter kit.

toast

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.