New Grill Came Dented

• Mike m

When I bought mine , they had a package deal going that came with several bags of pellets . The skid it came on looked like it went through a war zone , pellets all over , but the smoker was fine . Their customer service was top notch , made it right with no hassle’s . Im sure they will work with you whatever you decide

stevenoak

Stainless doesn’t reform well, once the metal is stretched. My other concern, that didn’t fall over. It looked to be dropped off the truck. Besides looking bad. I would be concerned about the electronics. Send it back.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Seems plenty of their grills arrive with damage, plenty of report on recteqforum.com
    My Bullseye 380 arrived with a bent screen under the pellet hopper

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I almost pulled the trigger on the same grill last week. I decided to wait and see if the price goes down. Now you guys got me worried about it coming damaged, it is great their customer service it top notch from what I hear but they need to ship via a different vendor or something.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yeah I had negotiated a deal I thought was acceptable, partly because I hate returning stuff especially when it includes shipping.

However I went to assemble the 590 and I realized the whole lid was crooked. I played with it a bit and realized the whole barrel was twisted. It must have hit pretty hard. That made up my mind to send it back real quick.

No problem, and the guy I was working with was very responsive and initiated the exchange immediately. However it’s still a hassle. 5 phone calls and 5 emails later they came to pick up the damaged grill today but I am still waiting for the replacement.

Everything I can tell about the 340 that I kept and have used is an excellent grill and build quality. But they sure need to figure out a better shipping service.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I almost pulled the trigger on the same grill last week. I decided to wait and see if the price goes down. Now you guys got me worried about it coming damaged, it is great their customer service it top notch from what I hear but they need to ship via a different vendor or something.

I don’t think it will and in fact some of their ‘bundle’ deals right now are excellent. The pellets, for example, 200 pounds for $100. Don’t think you’ll find quality pellets for that cheap too often. Not to mention the 340 itself for $299 is a heck of a deal.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Don’t take this wrong but when you cut a deal to accept the damaged unit you became the enabler. There was no downside for Estes.

Hopefully the new unit arrives intact.

Mike m

Don’t take this wrong but when you cut a deal to accept the damaged unit you became the enabler. There was no downside for Estes.

Hopefully the new unit arrives intact.

Or , you have a perfectly functional brand new piece of equipment for half the price.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

I don’t think it will and in fact some of their ‘bundle’ deals right now are excellent. The pellets, for example, 200 pounds for $100. Don’t think you’ll find quality pellets for that cheap too often. Not to mention the 340 itself for $299 is a heck of a deal.

You probably right. I was going to pull the trigger on the package deal, just don’t have a need or use for the 340.

CaptainMusky

But they sure need to figure out a better shipping service.

I’ve heard they use two. Estes and another one primarily. I am not sure why they choose one over the other. They also recently opened a plant in Idaho or Utah. My grill took a long dang time to get. It was like a month.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.