new Eagle Claw micro inline reel?

• fishhuntguy

I posted this in the outdoor gear forum too but thought it might get more looks here too. Anyone seen or used the Eagle Claw micro inline reel? I think it’s new for this year. I’ve heard good things about the previous eagle Claw inlines so I thought this might be a good reel to pair with my new precision noodle I just bought thinking the regular ones may be a bit heavy and cumbersome for the rod. Or are the regular sized ones just fine on a noodle? Thanks for any and all input!

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, MN

I own 4 of the regular sized eagle claw inline reels and bought 1 micro Eagle claw last year. The regular sized ones perform the best with a little Quantum Hot sauce. The Micro sized has more trouble free-spooling out line compared to the regular sized ones in my experience.

jarrod holbrook

I grabbed the last of the shimano symetre 500 spinning reels. I own inlines and I just don’t see the benefits. They are now on the shelf. When I see the IDO staff using them, then I might go dig it back out. I have noticed that fewer mfgs are making high end 500 series spinning reels. As far as eagle claw goes, I would definitely go that route rather than $100 13 fishing. Not meant to bash the inlines, but I personally didn’t see anything “amazing” with the catch rates.

THOMAS FLAHERTY

I travel every winter to ice fish across the country and Canada. Changed to the inline for packing and storage. They are more durable and stow away better in cases when traveling with 8-10 rods. As far as performance and feel I do loose some of it, so Spinning gets the nod here. They do have the advantage of less line twist memory. But require maintenance to insure they release line as quickly and freely as Spinning rigs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.