New batteries for trolling motor

• Peter Herman

It’s time for me to replace my 2 interstate batteries for 24 volt trolling motor. Just curious as to what people have been putting in lately. I’ve heard the newer interstate batteries aren’t like the old ones, but I’ve been running into that feedback with most of the battery manufacturers these days. Looking to stick with lead acid batteries. Thanks

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I always had pretty good luck with interstate batteries when I used them. I tried the Fleet Farm knock offs last time (don’t remember what they’re called) and they lasted for almost 4 seasons. I just replaced them with AGM versions in November.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Just changed my LA`s to LiPO4 batteries at the current prices hard not to go to them paid $209 each for 100ah.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just changed my LA`s to LiPO4 batteries at the current prices hard not to go to them paid $209 each for 100ah.

He didn’t ask for lithium battery advice. He specifically stated “Looking to stick with lead acid batteries.

mojogunter

Please keep us updated how those perform and last. It will be interesting to hear how batteries for 35% the cost of the mainstream lithiums compare to each other.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Can it be asked why no interest in Lithium? I bought 2 100ah to use for my trolling motor and in my fishhouse. If they work as well as advertised, I should be money ahead in 5 years…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dr prepare ?

Peter Herman

Can it be asked why no interest in Lithium? I bought 2 100ah to use for my trolling motor and in my fishhouse. If they work as well as advertised, I should be money ahead in 5 years…

Mostly the price. I’m not sure how long I will have the boat either but probably a few more years. Was looking at around $500 for both batteries. The next time I do buy batteries, will most likely be going the lithium route

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.