New and Improved Crappie Tipper Tip Downs $25

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

In previous years I made the frames from oak and they worked great. This year I decided to try something new, but wanted to keep the same design that folded flat and was light weight. So I tried PVC and the result was better than I thought, they fold flat, tip just as smooth and easy, are actually a little smaller and weigh a couple ounces less. The good part is the PVC will not retain water and will also not stick to the ice as easy.

I did have to raise the price do to the poles going up in cost and my wood that I used before was free other than the plywood cross braces. They are now $25 each with discounts for larger quantities. I can ship them at actual cost, usually $6-$7 unless it is a bunch of them.

Fully rigged with 6# Black main line (easy to see on the ice), mini swivel, 3# fluorocarbon leader, sinker, and a small Eagle Claw Treble hook, each one is checked for balance. The frames have a safety line attached to an eye hook with a snap lock at the other end that attaches to the butt of the pole to another eye screw. This saves your pole from going down the hole when a Bass, Walleye or Northern grabs the minnow, trust me it happens!!!

I use HT Enterprises JL-4 26″ poles and can also get the 26″ Schooley poles for a few dollars more. I think the Schooleys are a better pole having the spring drag and a softer plastic reel. They work great for Perch, Crappies, and Walleye.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1741.jpg

2. IMG_1742.jpg

3. IMG_1740.jpg

4. IMG_1739.jpg

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Icenutz makes quality products! I have some of his oak tipdowns and they do a great job. They are ready to go when you receive them. I’m sure his pvc version is a great product too. I would not hesitate to buy from him.

Fisherpaul

Same here. I have the oak ones also. My 3 yr old has a hell of a good time when we get on the fish and follow them when they move. HE can’t keep up chasing them when they start tipping.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Thanks guys, my grand kids love them as well, just have to get them to hand line the fish in rather than just back away from the hole dragging the entire tip down. All in time I guess.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Better pictures.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2107.jpg

2. IMG_2109.jpg

3. IMG_21081.jpg

Craig Winchester

I would like to purchase a couple of these but when I try to PM you it tells me your user name is invalid.

deertracker

It worked for me. Are you clicking on his username and then clicking send message or trying it a different way?
    DT

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Craig,

Thanks for the order.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Back to the top

jake47
    WI

Hey Charlie, can you explain the difference between the HT rods and the Schooley rods please? What makes one better than the other?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Overall quality of the Schooley rods is just better, they are made in the USA vs China. The Schooley reels are a softer plastic and less brittle in the cold, they also have a spring under the drag knob that allows a much better drag than the HT. HT’s drag is just the drag knob directly on the reel.

You can actually remove the depth marking pin from the Schooley and adjust the drag light enough that a fish will pull the rod down and still be able to pull line out if needed. You will have to reset the depth if that happens but it does give you options.

The Schooley rods do cost about $3 more than the HTs but I think they are worth it. If I could buy direct from Schooley it would probably be about the same price, but they don’t want to sell direct unless you are a distributor.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.