New 2020 Lund 1650 Rebel XL Sport. Water accumulating in portside rod locker?

• Jared

So this is my first boat so pardon my ignorance. After getting her out on the water for the first time and doing most of the engine break in the other day I noticed at the bottom of the rod locker there is a little bit of water accumulating at the back seam on the lowest level of the compartment. It was dry once we got home but I’m a little concerned as to why or how this water got in there. We took it out again and the water showed up again but not this much this time. I took a picture but it’s a little hard to tell. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200723_104112.jpg

2. IMG_20200723_104125.jpg

munchy
    NULL

Was it raining or wet at all?? Is there any water in the bilge when you pull the plug?

On your next trip I’d keep the hatch open and have someone watch inside while doing various maneuvers to see if you can tell where the water may be entering the compartment. That should help narrow it down a bit.

Jared

Was it raining or wet at all?? Is there any water in the bilge when you pull the plug?

On your next trip I’d keep the hatch open and have someone watch inside while doing various maneuvers to see if you can tell where the water may be entering the compartment. That should help narrow it down a bit.

No rain and no water in the bilge. I’ll have someone monitor it the next time we go out

Umy
    South Metro

Is your speedometer working?
    If not the water vacuum hose came off the back. It works via a pitometer, measuring how fast water travels thru a tube and another hole which measures pressure.
    Most likely the water would be coming from under your dash and on the floor below your gauges though but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.