Nema 2000?

• Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Hey guys-

I have 3 lowrance elite ti 9’s on my boat and wants to link them via nema 2000 for waypoint sharing. I am familiar with building the backbone network, but am struggling to find which cables go from the backbone to the back of the unit. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks, Matt

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Cables are the same, usually just need different lengths, don’t forget terminator and power node

greg christiansen

Run a short 2 ft drop from the smaller black port on the back of the unit to a “t” then run extensions to the farthest unit Everything to a “t” connection Make sure you have a power “node” hooked to power and end of the line terminators on each end

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

So the cables that extend the t’s are the same ones that go to the back of the units?

Thanks, Matt

Cody Meyers

Yes, they are all the same. Like others have mentioned, don’t leave any uncapped ends. Think of the system like it fill with water. No holes or no Worley.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Thanks guys, appreciate it!!!

Matt

rswan
    Lakeville, MN

Are those elite ti or elite ti 2?

I know the elite ti don’t really share the waypoints. If both units are powered up the waypoints are seen on both screens, but can only be edited in the unit they were created in. I say both because i only have two and not three. Let us know if it all works; I’m curious.

As for the Ti 2 I’m not sure how waypoint sharing was changed or if it is the same in the Ti models.

Paul Codner

As for the Ti 2 I’m not sure how waypoint sharing was changed or if it is the same in the Ti models.

The TI2’s all have wireless networking and you can connect up to two units via this network. They can share mapping, waypoints and 2d sonar between the units and you don’t need NEMA to do that. You can also hook up a Point 1 antenna via NEMA and that can also be shared between the two units I believe. The only thing that you can’t share is SI/DI.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.