too quiet

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Ok ok! Here is the pic taken with my cell phone. This was a beast of a fish and I hope to have a little time tomorrow to write a little bit about the catch in it’s own dedicated post. The belly on this fish is amazing. I wish I had a girth measurement. It measured at 55 inches long and hit the scale at the marina at 72 lbs. This fish spent less than 3 minutes total out of the water and was carfully released to be caught again when it is even bigger.

walleye4
    On the Water

Awesome! That’s all I got to say about that fish!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Holy crap, they’re hitting everywhere on cranks and we’re turnin this baby into a flathead post! It’s no 72 pounder, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Trolling hasn’t been too good in the canal lately, but we were making one last pass before we couldn’t see anymore, but I did see the outside rod about break in half. I had to tell Dad to get it because he couldn’t even see it! This is the biggest flathead in my boat trolling thus far, so hopefully the next one will be double. This one went 12lbs, 30″.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Might as well post another one caught at Sherman this past weekend too. I got this in a text message from my buddy Marty, and it went 55 lbs. I believe Ben said he saw it being caught. I’m thinkin next week I need to hit Sherman.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I told ya we were going to turn this into a flathead post! Here’s a dandy my stepdad caught Friday, went a shade over 29 pounds. The difference is, he was going for flats. Caught another one about 10lbs or so and a real nice channel too, about 16-17 pounds. Not too bad a day!

pete meister
    Nebraska

Here is a Sherman Flattie from 2009!!! Ben an I had a good time landing this beast!!

huntnrut

I don’t care what kind of post we turn this in to, as long as we keep the fishing reports rollin. I was at Glen Elder over the weekend and hammered the Walleye. 50+ a day trolling cranks. Problem was all were 16″-17″ and only caught to keepers. Their was a few whites and crappie in the mix.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Nice job, Hett. I could really go for a 50+ walleye day, haven’t had one of those in a lonnnng time.

Ah yes, that was a beast, Pete. Still got the email and show it off once in a while!

mroberts
    Nebraska

Fished Norton yesterday and it sucked only one wiper. I could not beleive it.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.