Nebraska Walleye Spawn Has Started

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I caught word of some milking males and a big fish getting caught this week. Finally, spring might be here

mike means

I received 2 pictures via phone of a 15# 8oz. and a 15# 5oz. ones caught.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

From NE, Mike? Or somewhere more north?….

mike means

Brian,

Define Nebraska? It was on one of those border lakes that I like to fish.

Mike

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Well, that helps…partly…

Bordering…NE? Or maybe MN/Can? Or ND? You and your border lakes…

mike means

You should know what lake I am talking about. The lake is advertised on this Nebraska Board.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Lets see a border lake, but Carter Lake isn’t on the board. I am not sure what you are talking about.

Thanks for the info guys, wish I could find the time to make it out. I may mess with the boat this weekend, but looks like mid-month before I am the water.

rippin-lips
    Kearney

Mike can you share the pictures. Would love to see them.
    Scott

deerslayer13

I think every one would like to see these pictures. . 1 fish at 15 lb in this region would stop the presses and every newspaper would have a hay day.but 2 here in the mid west . Well that would be unheard of. If that truly the case. But everyone knows how fisherman tell stores ???

mike means

Top one was 15.5 and bottom one was 15.8. Bob I have heard fisherman tell stories but never stores???

mike means

Thanks Brian. I got these pics sent to me by phone from Cougar. He had indicated that they were from Fort Randall Area. But it looks like at least one of them were from Fort Thompson.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

This can’t be. Everyone knows you have to go to Canada to catch big walleye.

deerslayer13

Wow . Thanks . Your picture leaves nothing to hide. And a lot better than the spell check on my computer.
    Fort Thompson is what 80 miles north of the Nebraska border and 90 miles north / west of the Iowa / MN border? .

mike means

Yes Bob it is. The pictures that I received indicated they were from L&C. If they were from FC then so be it and I photoshop pics so you cannot see the background. Not every newspaper obviously were having a hay day with these fish being caught.

deerslayer13

I just got back from fishing the river and lake from just a above the James river to the Fort Randall dam .. Yes there was some pictures of a big walleye come in from the Sharp area and 1 from the Way bay area. So the South Dakota news papers did have a good posting of what on in there State. And rightfully so. We ice fished the bays of Lewis and Clark .the ice on the main lake was very shaky . Open spots here and there. But we still cut up to 10 in.. The lake was wide open just above the the white barn and the river all the way to picks town . Where the lake was open . It was like looking at a mud hole. In fact the river did not clear up till you got above the verdell landing. The corps did not have much water coming out ether of the dams, because of the flooding down steam . So it made it real hard to get around,and fishing even harder.. Not much was going on below the dams but small fish and a lot of spoon bills getting in you way. . Hope spell check worked this time. People tell me I can fish better then I spell .I wish I had a fish check on my boat that works as good as the spell check on my lap top. P. S.Ii post a couple un-cut pictures of Lewis and Clark . So you can see the ice. It will be a couple weeks till spawn there.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Guys, Let’s not bust each other’s ball about how a member posts pics or what information they choose to share or not share. Not cool.

mroberts
    Nebraska

Quote:

Guys, Let’s not bust each other’s ball about how a member posts pics or what information they choose to share or not share. Not cool.

Right on wade well put.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.