Central Nebraska Good News / Bad News

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Good news is that when I was in Cabelas on Saturday they got in a shipment of Flicker Shads. Bad news is I didn’t leave you guys any Blue Tiger’s

Wilson didn’t know that they were getting this order and he doesn’t know if they are going to get another order? It didn’t sound like the rep even knew what the future was for Flicker Shads

djorg
    Central City, NE

Thanks Zac.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

This was posted by Parsons on 10/28/09

I talked to the guys at Berkley yesterday and they said that I could bring everyone up to date on the Flicker Shad status. As most of you know, they have been getting more and more difficult to find and the the fear was that they were going to be discontinued. I’m happy to bring to you the news that not only are they not going to be discontinued, they are going to be carried by pretty much every major tackle retailer this next year and for years to come. You’ll start seeing new supplies showing up at the stores as early as December and in full swing by January. The baits are going to increase in price to the $4.00 range (don’t quote me on that), but that’s still much less than other shad baits. This bait has been a heavy hitter in professional walleye fishing since it’s introduction, with 10’s of thousands of dollars won. Just this last year of the tournaments that I know about: top ten finishes in the AIM Saginaw event, first place and other top tens in the Green Bay AIM event, top tens in the Lake Oahe AIM event, contributed to first and second in the FLW tour championship, and contributed to the FLW League championship win. Quite frankly no other bait has come close to these type of finishs. If you haven’t fished a Flicker Shad, you’ve been missing out of some pretty good fish catching! The other GREAT NEWS is that there will be many, many new colors! Some of the colors were designed by Keith and myself, with even more colors designed by some of the retail stores! Here is a preview of one of my favorites, and I’ll give you sneak peeks periodically!

The Scheels store in Omaha had hundreds of them when I was there last week.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Now that is some GREAT NEWS

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

As of Sat. No more blue tiger or Chartreuse pearl.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sure wish I had some of that Augustyn cash….

mike means

Quote:

Good news is that when I was in Cabelas on Saturday they got in a shipment of Flicker Shads. Bad news is I didn’t leave you guys any Blue Tiger’s

Wilson didn’t know that they were getting this order and he doesn’t know if they are going to get another order? It didn’t sound like the rep even knew what the future was for Flicker Shads

I am sure that for now there are plenty of Flicker Shads to go around since Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Scheels are carrying them. There looks to be some great new colors out.

Mike

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Just picked up some of the brand new colors…. any you are right Mike they look great!

Layne Monroe

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

I am sure that for now there are plenty of Flicker Shads to go around since Bass Pro, Cabelas, and Scheels are carrying them. There looks to be some great new colors out.

Mike

In Central Nebraska we have:

No Scheels
    No Bass Pro Shops
    None at Kearney Cabelas

mike means

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mike

In Central Nebraska we have:

No Scheels
    No Bass Pro Shops
    None at Kearney Cabelas

I guess you could always go online and order them:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0078418125136a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=flicker&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23

That is probably what I would do, since you have a lack of options out there.

Mike

huntnrut

picked up 30 today at scheels in omaha. Don’t forget to go to berkleys website and get the mix and match rebate offer. you pay about $2.50 after you get your rebate back

hunter_aug
    Holdrege, Ne

Was the color hollywood in scheels???

mike means

Quote:

Was the color hollywood in scheels???

Nope. Hollywood has become a Bass Pro exclusive is what I am hearing.

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Scheels in Lincoln had some of all the colors from last year on the shelves on Monday when I was there…. even hollywood. Picked up quite a few flickers while I was there… that rebate works out pretty nice!

Layne Monroe

rippin-lips
    Kearney

I placed my order at Cabelas today. Some were in stock and some were backordered. By the looks of Sherman today it is going to be a long….. time before we are trolling. Still 20″ of ice.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Scheels in Lincoln had some of all the colors from last year on the shelves on Monday when I was there…. even hollywood. Picked up quite a few flickers while I was there… that rebate works out pretty nice!

Layne Monroe

Layne, can you please post a link to the rebate that you are talking about so it is easier for guys to take advantage of that deal

layne-monroe
    Lincoln, Ne

Thanks for getting that link up pullin…. That rebate is a great deal and can be used 4 times per household…

Layne Monroe

huntnrut

heard bass pro has them on sale for $3.79

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.