• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Man, what the heck was he thinking

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

??????????

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

I’m still shaking my head about it. He was getting all sorts of press, and I’m sure he’d get at least a look from the NFL scouts. Gotta respect Bo, though, pulling the plug. You violate team rules, you get the boot. Black and white, as he said. I have a feeling that Bo would’ve booted LP and Johnny Rodgers, too. It’s good to see, but it still hurts.

On the other hand, we’ll probably get to see if this Burkhead kid is all he’s cracked up to be. I think NU will probably continue to have a good stable of I-backs.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Yes, it is disappointing. Not sure what goes throught some of the players’ heads. Good luck to QC wherever he may end up.

JD

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Help me understand… I haven’t heard what QC did to get dismissed. Is it in today’s news? I think Burkhead will do ok, but we’re gonna miss that battering ram with break out speed. Without QC, no win over Clemson last year. Any quick defense will catch Helu. But that 235 lb hammer wears them out.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

I’m still shaking my head about it. He was getting all sorts of press, and I’m sure he’d get at least a look from the NFL scouts. Gotta respect Bo, though, pulling the plug. You violate team rules, you get the boot. Black and white, as he said. I have a feeling that Bo would’ve booted LP and Johnny Rodgers, too. It’s good to see, but it still hurts.

On the other hand, we’ll probably get to see if this Burkhead kid is all he’s cracked up to be. I think NU will probably continue to have a good stable of I-backs.

I’m excited to see the Burkhead kid too. It sure sounds like he may be the next best thing, but Thunder was supposed to be that too

Bo’s not going to screw around and I think that in itself will grow the program leaps and bounds. Mom’s and dad’s used to send there kids to Nebraska just so T.O. could take care of them and keep them out of harms way. I can see Bo becoming something just like that

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Word on the street is to much hooch Random drug test got him.

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Then he is an idiot. From what I hear, you have to be really careless to fail a drug test. And if that was what Bo cut him for, then I applaud his decision. Any word on Big Mac, Johnson, Elwood or Sherman failing a random walleye test out there? I need a new fishing hole.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

There are some whites and cats going out at Mac and the whites and wipers are going at Red Willow and Swanson but that is all that I know

dog2th
    Omaha, NE

Cool. Thanks.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Any word on Big Mac, Johnson, Elwood or Sherman failing a random walleye test out there?

I guess it would be funnier if it weren’t true. Especially Elwood.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Man, what the heck was he thinking

It’s disappointing to say the least. I was looking forward to watching Helu and Q do their thing all season long. But Rex Burkhead will be a fine replacement.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.