Husker Football

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

For my fellow Husker fans out there, I thought I’d share a few picks from my trip to Lincoln last week. I attended a fund raiser at Memorial with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. We had a blast, really enjoyed ourselves.

Here are some of the pics: Tommie Frazier in pic 1 and in pic #2. In the second picture, he is showing us how small coach Tom Osborne’s playbook was compared to other teams. It was about 15 percent the size of other playbooks. I guess size doesn’t matter in this case!

Pic #3 is Coach Bo Pelini, the perfect man for the job!

Pics 4 and 5 are the tunnel walk. This is part of what the players see on their way out to the field, to the roar of 85,000 plus screaming fans.

Pic 6,7,8 are each of us scoring a touchdown. We all went in untouched, but I must say my stiff arm was the best.

The last pic is my father-in-law and me on the 5-yard-line.

September 5th is a short time away. As you can tell, I’m already pumped for the season to begin!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Oh, and uh, for any of the non-Husker fan members who might want to make their way into the Nebraska forum and talk smack, I saved this pic for you. I think it speaks for itself, but for those of you who have never seen one of these before, this is what a national championship trophy looks like. These are three of the five that belong to NU.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Good stuff Wade!!! I can’t wait to see what this season brings!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

That is awesome! I bet Tommy couldn’t do the run through the gators defense these days….man, he’s packed on some pounds! Well, wait….I bet he still could!!

Looks like you had a good time, that’s awesome. I can feel the season getting closer every day…I’m lovin it!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

That is awesome! I bet Tommy couldn’t do the run through the gators defense these days….man, he’s packed on some pounds! Well, wait….I bet he still could!!

Looks like you had a good time, that’s awesome. I can feel the season getting closer every day…I’m lovin it!

Tommie has put on a few pounds since his playing days, that’s for sure. He was really funny. He told us the story about him and Warren Sapp. If you guys recall, Tommie had the blot clotting issue earlier in the season and Brook Berringer had taken over for him much of the season. Going into the Orange Bowl, Tom Osborne planned to rotate the two and then go with the hot hand (or hot feet). Tommie had been in and out of the game. He came back on the field at one point in the second half and Warren Sapp was taunting Tommie, “Hey Tommie! Where you been?” Tommie looks him in the eye and says, “It ain’t where I’ve been fat azz, it’s where I’m going!”

To hear Tommie tell the story and talk about the “old days” was a blast. He had everyone’s full attention. Tommie ranks right up there with the best Huskers ever. If you haven’t seen his highlight film for a while, it’s worth another look. The guys runs faster sideways than most men can run forward.

Tommie Highlights (75 yard run versus Florida at the end)

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

Man, that clip gave me goosebumps and had the blood flowing like it did in the glory years!! Which hopefully are on the way back to NU

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

20 more days boyz!!

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

18 days, 7 hrs, 42 min, 5 seconds

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Damn Chad, too bad that’s also the countdown for you until you won’t have anymore time to fish this year!!

boos1906

Who cares about the stupid huskers!!!!!

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Who cares about the stupid huskers!!!!!

If you’re serious…was that really necessary? The very first post indicates this thread was for Husker fans.

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Quote:

Damn Chad, too bad that’s also the countdown for you until you won’t have anymore time to fish this year!!

I know! I will be working every game except the VA Tech game this year. I might take that weekend off and do some South Dakota fishing. Also, the Missouri game is on a Thursday night and I should be back for that weekend.

And Boos –

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Wow, we haven’t heard from the boos man in weeks, but then this is what we get. I liked it better when he was gone.

walleye4
    On the Water

He must be selling his tackle in OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!

That’s OK husker fans, all is well in HuskerLand!!!

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

That’s OK husker fans, all is well in HuskerLand!!!

I think it is better than “all is well” and I look for the Huskers to surprise some people this year with how far they’ve come. Especially the defense.

mike means

Look out Huskers, we are going for three in a row on October 8. *Note that this is the first time this has happened since 1969* Good luck to the Huskers this year and hopefully one of our teams can return the Big 12 title back to where it belongs, The North Division.

boos1906

Yes I am back guys!!!!! And no not selling my tackle in oklahoma! I haven’t even made any yet. Haven’t had time cuz I’ve been to busy catching fish!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.