Maskenthine

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Poked a few holes Saturday morning. Caught a dozen decent bluegill before the wind and rain froze us out. My coveralls iced up solid enough they’d stand on their own by the time we got off the lake. Made the burgers and beer at the Wolf Den after all the better as we warmed up……

Plenty of ice and the few we kept were over 1/2 lb. We’ll give it another try on a nicer day. Not this weekend, its the tournament on Grove lake at Royal, NE if anyone is interested.

Fluff

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the update Fluff. I really need to get out on the ice. I’ve only made it out 1 time this season. Work has kept me really busy. This last weekend I was going to head out but I spent the weekend processing the deer I shot on New Years day and making jerky all day on Sunday. Yummy. I’m ready to fish now. I’ve got plenty of snak food to take along. My plan is to get out a couple of times this week.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

We’re headed up to Grove Lake this weekend. Royal Fire Dept puts on a tournament each year to make a little money. The fish’n pretty much sucks but the company is great. Their Calcutta/BBQ Saturday night’s fun and even if you win it wont take long to clean the fish…

I did hear they were taking the size limit off the panfish this year so that cleaning thing could be a different story. With the size limit last year I think we were in the top 10 with one keeper bluegill. Without that this year every team will probably have their 60 but they may not cover the bottom of the bucket. Not the lake I’d pick if you’re looking for a boat load of trophies.

Fluff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.