Nebraska Ice fishing???

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Has anyone been on the ice yet???

I’m hoping to get out this weekend. I still have a few deer tags to fill so it might not be until after Dec. 31. I’ve seen a few guys out for over a week now so the ice must be looking pretty good. There were spots of open water at Branched Oak and at Wagon Train last weekend so if anyone heads out please be safe.

I’ve heard that the ice at Sherman if really rough this year. Has anyone been up to check it out??

gwalter
    Grand Island, NE

We drove up there Wed. The ice along the dam was about 2″ thick and then the wind broke it up and piled it up for several hundred yards out. It has refrozen and looks worse than the moon surface. There is no way you could ride a quad over it without tearing the machine apart. 8″ of ice back in trail 8 and rest of lake is pretty smooth.

Wibbs

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thank you gwalter! Is ther anyone fishing up in trail 8 yet??

gwalter
    Grand Island, NE

We talked to a guy fishing there and he had just started. That is where we saw the depth. There were a couple of guys set up over by the prairie dogs with a quad on the ice.

Wibbs

mike means

Going tomorrow. Bought a new hut, how were the prices at BPS over the weekend Ben?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

how were the prices at BPS over the weekend Ben?

They didn’t have any blow outs on any shacks.

They do have an awesome selection of Custom Jigs and Spins and a lot of other great ice tackle too. It’s actually one of the better selections for ice tackle I have seen around here.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Talked to a guy that went out on Enders on Saturday and caught a few crappie. Fishing wasn’t lights out but for the first outing of the year, fishing wasn’t bad.

The wind really stinks this weekend, so maybe next weekend will be my first trip. I am finally getting settled at my new job, so I should be able to spend a little more time doing some fun stuff and I am working on picking out my new Tuffy for this year. Later Guys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.