IDA Gathering in Omaha, Nebraska February 24, 2007

• Todd_NE

That’s a great banquet. Be at the front of the line though! The year Ray, Bob Cobb, and Earl Bentz spoke we never did get any food at our table

A waitress at the Doubletree defending them to us said, “We’ve never seen people take two plates with entire chicken on each at a buffet here before.” Do all bass fisherman eat like this.

It was prettttty funny.

Ray Scott started the evening by saying, “I’d like to thank all you bass fisherman, you’ve made me the multi-millionaire I am today.” chuckle chuckle.

I’d like to share the comments Bob Cobb had but this is a family site.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I called to confirm that we are set for 5pm at Old Chicago and we are all set. It is under “Wade” if you get there before I do.

I saw someone mentioned they were not IDA staff. This gathering is for everyone, not just staff. Anyone who wants to join us, please do. I look forward to meeting you all!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

See you tomorrow.

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Sounds like we’ll be wading through the snow to get there. Thats alright its just make s the food and beer taste that much better

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Kelli, Ryder and I are going to head out in the morning . I am not worried about making it there as much as I am worried about making it home

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Make a weekend of it and head home Sunday.

orion94

Well I made it there (only an hour and fifteen minutes late!! I forgot it was at 5 and not 6 ) Had some good food, and met some good people. I wish the weather had cooperated so more people could have made it out. It only took me an hour and a half to make it from Omaha back to the house tonight.

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

I made it to the west side of town and the Budget Inn was calling my name. For a mer 55.00 they put me up for the night.I came on home this morning. The food and conversation where both good. Now I can put some faces with these names on here.Hopefully we can GTG this summer cook some food do some fishing shot the: Well you get the Idea.Thanks to the Guys and Gals that braved the storm It was nice to meet all of you! Jon

orion94

Jon,

Definately a wise choice to stop last night and not push on through. I could not believe that the interstate was not closed down. I was out ahead of the plows and it was BAD news kinda like redneck ice-capades. Good to meet you and put a face to the name. Yes we should carry the Dinner idea of a summer GTG onward and make it happen.

Chris

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I ended up staying in Omaha too. There were too many cars in the ditch already and didn’t think there was room for mine.

It was really nice to see all of you. We’ll have to try it again when we have better weather. Don’t forget about the IDA summer get-together on Pool 4 near Red Wing, MN June 22nd. It’s going to be a good one!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

My wife said that she was going to divorce me if I left the house, so sorry I didn’t make it Better weather is on it’s way though

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Jamie and I had a great time meeting some new faces. We drove on home but stayed on the Highway. It took us a couple of hours but we made it. It sounded like the interstate was not a good place to be.
    Let’s keep a summer GTG in mind. I think central Nebraska is a great location as we have members from all over the state.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.