IDA Gathering in Omaha, Nebraska February 24, 2007

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Here’s the plan… Several IDA members will be attending the 2007 Omaha Boat Sports and Travel Show on Saturday February 24th, 2007. We’ll be heading to Old Chicago Pasta and Pizza at 1111 Harney at 5pm for a little food and drink and to talk fishing. You’re all invited. Out-of-staters are welcome to join us.

This Old Chicago is located in Omaha’s historic Old Market area. There is a parking ramp on the north side of Harney Street, across from Old Chicago. If you have a spouse who wants to travel with you but is not into the fishing scene, there is plenty to keep a person busy in the area. If you’re a popular music fan, the Goo Goo Dolls play at the Orpheum that night. There are numerous lodging options for travelers.

I hope to see you there!

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

You know I’m gonna be there

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

See you all at Old Chicago!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

5:00pm at Old Chicago, I’M THERE

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I think the wife and turd-monger have plans that weekend so there will be some room in the F-250 if anybody from central NE want’s to pool.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I think Tamara is busy that weekend too, so I should have room for a guy or two in my rig if anyone from the Sioux City area wants to jump in.

How many plan to join us?

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Unfortunatly at this time I don’t think I can make it. I told the social planner not to plan anything for me that evening and she reminded me that it is our dinner group night
    Anything can happen though, you never know, I may get the flu.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

I am heading back to Cedar Rapids that weekend.
    Are there any plans for a friendly fishing get together this summer?

Jason

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Wade, I’d take the trip with you, but that’s the weekend we are up on the Big Pond. Have fun.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

B. Robinson, WHERE R YOU???

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Yea Brian???? Are you working that weekend?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sorry guys….I’m still here. Ya, I gotta work that weekend, plus I have “training” at “work”…..the whole deal stinks!! I really wanted to make it down there too! My first weekend off, of four, is the first weekend of March, so I’m planning on making a trip down there that weekend to see the new Cabela’s store, get some stuff at BPS that Cabela’s doesn’t have, and all that. I’ll see if I can get ahold of you that weekend, too, Ben. Drink one for me down there, Zach….I’ll be wishing I was there!

chadmayer
    Gretna, NE

Brian – If I don’t have to work the Missouri Valley Basketball Tourney in ST Louis, we may have to go to 3 Mile for the evening bite. It is suppose to warm up a little next week but Bill Randby assures me that another Arctic Plunge is forming late next week. Ice should be good around here through the first week in March

papajon
    Grand Island Ne

Ill be there it will be around 5:30 you guys can get a head start

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Cool, Chad! I think the chances of me making it down there that weekend are pretty good….I’ll keep ya updated.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Give me a call if you want to pool

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Glad to see more of you planning to join us. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

mike means

The wife is going to allow me to come out. Looking forward to meeting all of you and I will work on tomich and his better half. I have a feeling if our wives hook up it is going to be a hard night for my credit card.

Mike

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

I have a feeling if our wives hook up it is going to be a hard night for my credit card.

It will be worth it!! I have to drop my wife off at Archivers (Scrap book store).

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

For you guys traveling Saturday night and sunday, you might want to keep an eye on this weather

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks Jason. I’ve been hearing alot about this storm. I guess we need the moisture so we’ll take it if it comes!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Looks like getting to O-Town is going to be easy, but the getting back may be something to worry about I guess all I can do is keep an eye on the forecast, keep saying my prayers and eating my cornflakes

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

If the weather gets bad we can crash at a hotel in Omaha.

I have room if anyone from the Sioux City area wants to ride along.

See ya’all there!

orion94

Wade,
    I see I am not the only insomniac tonight

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

It happens. Work is never done…

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

If we can make it down this weekend, Kelli and Ryder are going to be with me so I am letting you know in case it is going to cause a seating problem.

orion94

My better half is coming along with me as well. Maybe we should get a head count going.

Russells 2

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Put me down as a slim chance, trying to cancel dinner club cause of the weather . Might have the wife if I make it.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

Not IDA staff but will also be at the show Saturday.

A little added info on the event. Nebraska’s Bass Federation shares in that event and holds a banquet/raffel/auction not unlike DU, Pheasants Forever, and the like, that evening. Happy hour 6:00, Dinner 7:00 with auction/raffel to follow. $20/person or $35 a couple with kids $15 and your banquit ticket gets you into the show. Heck of a deal and lots of fun. If there’s any tickets still available Dave Knuth, 402 464 5941, [email protected] would know.

Looking forward to a breath of spring there this weekend even if the snow’s a foot deap outside……

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

My wife will be along too.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.