Your rigs

• walleye4
    On the Water

Thought since I said I would post pics of my boat and the work I did on it that I would start this to see some of your rigs.

Here is mine. I upgraded some stuff this year. I put on a new 70 # Minkotta and a Lowrance LMS 332c. Love both of them! Sure makes it alot easier on the water. This past winter I painted Cabela’a Tuff-coat all the way around the gunnels to protect it and to save about $300 on dipnet dings, etc. Updated the decals and removed all the pin-stripes. Put 3 new seats and a new bass style butt seat w/pedistal in it too. Replaced some wood and carpet also.

Here is a before pic(when I bought it):

Here is a pic since I done the work on it. Not a very good pic, need to get a close up of it:

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Nice rig walleye4, looks like you are set up NICE!!

Do you ever fish walleye tournaments?

Ben

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Here’s my rig.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Yea, do you fish any tourny’s?? I have never seen that boat before. Here is mine. Not as big as ben’s but it get’s the job done. Electronics are all different now but the basic boat is still the same.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’ll have to get a ride in a Yar Craft someday. They are suppose to have a real dry ride and they make a nice tiller.

Nice rig!

Sully

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Here’s mine….just got it a month ago, and so far it fishes real nice. Can’t wait to get the time to get it on some big water one of these days.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sully,
    I fish with Greg at times, and his boat does give a nice ride on rough water. That thing is heavy, but it fishes real nice.

One thing he won’t tell ya is he has to have me in the boat in order to catch fish!

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Here’s my rig. Smokercraft like Fisherman Zachs.

orion94

Lets try this again Pics did not come up last time.

orion94

I cant figure out how to put more than one pic per post so heres another one.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ll have to get a ride in a Yar Craft someday. They are suppose to have a real dry ride and they make a nice tiller.

Nice rig!

Sully

My fave boat of all times was a 1895 Yar-Craft tiller. Unbelieveable control and handling plus a sweet ride in the rough waves on mille lacs.

walleye4
    On the Water

Yeah, I have fished a tourney or two! I have only fished 2 with this boat though. Both were the crappie tourney at Sherman. Going to try and get in a few walleye tourneys next year. 1 year from this coming November I will get my 3rd week of Vacation at work and then will think about fishing the circuit.

I have a couple things to put on my rig yet, just got to wait until the AUTO industry rebounds(I work at Eaton’s in Kearney and we make components for the Big 3)! I want to put wackers and a Transom mount trolling motor on it yet.

As far as the ride goes, I have never ridden smoother across the water at 40 mph than in this boat. I have been in Ranger’s, alumnacraft’s, smoker’s, lowe’s, and you name it. And I have a cooler for a driver seat base. That says alot on how smooth and dry it is.

Zach,

You have seen my boat before! You and Jeremy fished the crappie tourey a couple years ago and I talked to you guys at the meeting. I also was up there last fall when you guys were up there on a Saturday. Fishhunter was with me then.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Hey Greg,

Get a newer picture on there, man! The boat looks much better now than it did in the above pic, with the new decals and Tuff Coat up on top.

walleye4
    On the Water

I will try and get some pics taken tomorrow.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Sorry Greg!!!! I stand corrected Jeremy is a great jigger. I am still learning from him everytime we go out.

walleye4
    On the Water

Zach you probably just don’t remember cause you see 1000’s of boats in a year and it is hard to keep track of all of them!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Will you be up to Sherman this fall?? I am trying my best to get up there regularly but with this moving halfway across the state right now it is kind of tough to get away. One more week and I will be 25 minutes from the lake !!!

walleye4
    On the Water

Where are you moving too? I wish I was that close. I am roughly about 60 miles from the lake. Pulling my heavy boat with a explorer through all them hills would make me about 1 1/2 hours away. I might be up there this weekend if I can find someone to go that will share expenses. I only make it about as far as the Johnson/Elwood area here lately. With gas going down, who knows where I might end up!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Tell me about it……when I lived in Kearney, I would go up there quite frequently as it wasn’t that bad of a drive. But now, I’m farther away and it seems like a long drive. But I do plan on hitting Sherman a few times this fall. Love that lake early and late in the year.

I’m curious too….where you movin to, Zach?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Sorry!! I am going to be right next to Centura school, 4 miles north of Cairo.

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

My family owns a bunch of land a north east of Boelus. I’ll let you know when I’m out there next. We could hit our farm pond and see what’s biting.

Jason

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

They have some ground that butts up to some McDonald land don’t they?? I am pretty sure that I know where some of that ground is at. I grew up in Dannebrog so I know the area pretty well.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Cool Zach….got tired of the SW scene already? I’ve never fished any of those lakes down there, but I will be hitting Sherman this fall, maybe even next weekend. Maybe I’ll see ya up there-I got weekends off for 3 weeks.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I loved SWNE but the wife hated it . If mama ain’t happy ain’t nobody happy . I will be up at Sherman every chance that I get. Keep an eye open for me .

jason-cyboron
    Lincoln, NE

The land you are talking about is owned by a relative. There are Cyboron’s all over that area. We lived out there and I went to Centura until we moved when I was in 3rd grade.

Jason

Jason

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sounds good man, I’ll keep an eye out. I’ll be up there in the Crestliner, and I hope to be up there soon.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.