Some information for new members

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

We’ll post some helpful information that might help you get familiar with In-depthangling.com a little easier.

Besides all the fishing info here, we have hunting forums as well. Click here to view the hunting forums.

We have a special section where staff members provide fishing reports. Click here to view the fishing reports.

If you want to post a fishing report of your own feel free to do so right in the Nebraska forum. You can either post them in the Nebraska General Discussion forum, or choose the appropriate sub-forum.

We also have Ice Fishing Forums. We’ll be sure to add a Nebraska section to the ice forums shortly.

Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions Section You’ll find lots of answers to your questions there, such as how to post a picture and how to fix your avatar.

In-DepthAngling.com was originally developed by anglers who love to fish the river, so one of our most active forums is the Mississippi River Forum. There’s some very interesting reading there, and much of the information can be applied to the Missouri River or other waters as well.

If you have any questions let one of us know. You can post questions in the forums or you can always send a Private Message to a staff member by clicking on their name. If you ever have a private message waiting for you there will be a blnking envelope in the upper corner of the screen. Just click it.

Enjoy the site!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yo Wade!

Great post for showing our new NE friends around….but when I stopped into the NGP site…I saw MANY posts on flathead fishing and many pictures….

So, if you guys want to go to the BIG FISH forum…here’s that link

>Mississippi Catfish Forum<

We’ve also had some real piggies being reported out of the >MN River Forum<

But remember, no matter what forum you head off to…there’s always a freind around to help with any questions that may come up…

PS Please don’t ask me any questions about Strawberry Jello and cut bait for cats…I plead the 5th!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Do you think I’d forget about YOU? I made a link to the entire Mississippi river forum.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

No…but I didn’t want anyone to make a mistake and click on the Bass forums…there’s pirates in there!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If any of the new members need help adding an avatar to their account you can send any photo to [email protected] and we’ll get that in place for you. Adding your username to the email makes it much easier for us.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Screen too small??

To change to the two differant levels of “wide screen” go you MY HOME…then down to “Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors…” and EDIT….

Change the second option “Which style sheet (skin) do you want to use for your display?”

….to WIDE SCREEN.

This will give a better viewing area. Try the other option too if you like.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Why do some people have links in their signature file and others don’t.

IDA trades it’s staff advertising space for fishing reports, photos and helping new users with questions.

The banners that are in the signature files are paid for advertising.

So, the next question is…How do I become staff at IDA?

Wade did a very good job at answering that and I’ll just quote him.

Quote:

How does one get to be on field staff? Good question. Field staffers are generally folk who have been posting on In-Depthangling for a while and have “caught our eye” so to speak. If we see a member who post fishing reports or provides valuable information to members, we might ask them if they have any interest in joining the staff. There’s a lot more that goes into it than that, and there are always other ways a guy might join the team. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of the IDA staff team, ny suggestion would be to start posting helpful information for your fellow members. Believe me, we pay attention. After you’ve been posting for a period of time it wouldn’t hurt to send a note to one of our committee members of staffers to let them know that you’re interested.

So you know what we look for… We look for members who conduct themselves appropriately in the forums. We pay attention to a person’s chartacter, as well as their ability to catch a fish. We like to see pictures. A fish story without pictures is… well, just a fish story. Pictures really make the website much more interesting and exciting. And, of course, we look at a person’s skill level. A field staffer is someone who should be able to offer techniques and advice to members. They don’t have to be Al Linder, but they should be a skillful angler, AND be able to communicate well to our membership.

I’m sure I left out some important stuff, but this is off the top of my head. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.