seeing this these days?

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I know this may not be new to a lot of you, but thought I would share a few pics. The YOY bait is definitely out in force, that’s for sure. While fishing late into the night last week, and not attracting the fish I was hoping to, I thought I’d take a few pics of the screen. The first one shows bait at the top, and a few predators below cleaning up. But off and on, you’d see the screen totally flip out and tell you that you were in much shallower water all of a sudden, as shown in the 2nd pic in the same exact location. The bait was so thick that the sonar would not reach the bottom. Pretty wild stuff. Too bad I was bored enough to take pics instead of catching fish, or at least the ones I wanted. I managed about a dozen small pike, 8-10 small whiteys and a nice 6lb channel that peeled some drag. All in a night’s work.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Normally” we would be seeing the same thing up here on Pool 4 of the ‘sippi.

River Shiners is what I call them. Not so this year. I think with the high fast water they are all being washed down to St Louis!

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I throw my cast net to see what is going on.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Looks familiar but my screen isn’t color. I always like to see thick lines underneath, unfortunately they don’t always make a presence.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Its been so long since my boat saw water that that they werent even born when i saw the last screen on the fish finder.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

That ain’t cool, Chris! Maybe there’s more boat time in the near future?

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Put in my notice here Monday night.Start new job as soon as my drug test comes back.Dont know what I will do with all my time working monday through friday 8-5..Might get to see what my boat looks like.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

That sounds outstanding, Chris!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.