To Infinity and Beyond!!!

• mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

These are from a couple weeks ago. I thought someone might enjoy the photos. We caught about 25-30 walleye that day and the boys caught at least 20 of them on their “Buzz Lightyear” poles. Simple does work, in fact I finally put the same thing on my St. Croix after they had caught about 10 with dad still stuck on a goose egg. Circle hook, split shot and a nightcrawler. With that said we lost 4-5 at the boat and had 2 break offs, maybe time for at least 202s and a longer pole. It is difficult to get them out from under the boat with a 4 year old yielding a 3 ft pole. I had the camera on the boat but the batteries were dead .

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

A couple more pics

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

That Rocks Way to put the boys on the eyes

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

That is awesome!

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

They are hooked for life now. They will be kickn’ your butt on a regular basis now, get used to it!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

“That’s not flying, it’s fishing with style.”
    Awesome photo album pics, way to show em the way

Sharon
    SE Metro

Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Some people just talk about taking a kid fishing…you actually do it! Nice!

That’s good stuff, Matt.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

Thanks everybody for the comments. Wish us luck we will be at it again tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Hopefully the fish will cooperate also.

pullinbait
    NEBRASKA

Tell me about it. My son has become a monster. He makes my wife who is off in the summer (teacher) take him to Cottonmill all week long for green carp and then fishes for eyes on the weekend.

He blew me this spring when I asked him what he wanted to be in life. He said I don’t know, I will decide that after I graduate from Texas….. I said huh, Texas? That’s across enemy lines. He said, I am going to be on the University of Texas bass team. Where that came from I have no idea, but he has fish on the brain for sure.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

He said I don’t know, I will decide that after I graduate from Texas….. I said huh, Texas? That’s across enemy lines. He said, I am going to be on the University of Texas bass team. Where that came from I have no idea, but he has fish on the brain for sure.

Is he aware the University of Nebraska has a bass fishing team also?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Love the pics Matt. I can’t imagine how proud you are. Incredible memories there.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

The boys did pretty well again this weekend, a little slower but still good. I will post some “on the water pics”

Ben what is up with that Avatar? Story? I think I may have seen a pic of that fish at the Boathouse?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

The new avatar? I’ll tell you what’s up with it…the biggest walleye I’ve ever seen! I can’t believe I got it in the net the first try!

I’ll let Ben tell you more…it was truly amazing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.