Need tree service

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Hi all

This afternoon I came home to discover a very large tree in my backyard has topsized presumably from the storm last week. It’s a very large tree limb that needs to be addressed immediately. It’s near my garage and a powerline. Any idea of company recommendations as well as what kind of ballpark cost i will be facing here?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If its by the powerlines I thought that the power company took care of that???

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

If its by the powerlines I thought that the power company took care of that???

If it’s an overhead line to your home, good luck getting them to take care of it. flame

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I used Family Tree Service this spring to have a large boxelder removed from our yard. Travis was really easy to work with, and his price was significantly better than several other quotes I got. Check them out. waytogo

Pricing really depends on size and how difficult it will be to remove.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

post deleted.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

This one at our old house cost me $1200 in 2013 (can’t remember who took it down, but I got several quotes). doah

Edit: I just re-read, and yours is apparently not an entire tree.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5849.jpg

2. IMG_5845.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

If a tree falls and damages your property Insurance will pay for removal and restoration.
    If it interferes with a power line, the utility company will take care of it.

If your paying for it make sure the Company performing the work is Licensed.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

thanks all. I had a tree service guy come and look at it yesterday and he said that because its so close to the power line to call the power company and they should take care of it. hopefully xcel shows up today

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

thanks all. I had a tree service guy come and look at it yesterday and he said that because its so close to the power line to call the power company and they should take care of it. hopefully xcel shows up today

Good luck. The one I pictured above was solidly wedged on the power lines. After several calls and a week of waiting for Xcel to take care of it, the door to the garage was getting difficult to open, so I decided that I need to give up and have it taken care of. flame

Hopefully, your experience is better.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I had Excel come out and take a look at a big dead red oak in our yard, which has one large branch overhanging the power lines.

The guy came out and immediately said that they need to take off that branch, so he put the order in.

A week later another guy came out and said that the first guy didn’t know what he was talking about it and that they will not be removing the branch.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.