Ned Rig Rod?

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Good Morning,

What kind of characteristics do you look for in a rod used for Ned rigging? I am planning on using a Flouro leader to Braid. Is that a good idea?

TIA!

FDR

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Don’t over power the setup. A lot of people make this mistake. Its a small, ultra finesse presentation. When I first started using it I made this mistake myself and when I would set the hook I bent the hook straight out and lost a couple big fish.

I wouldn’t go anything heavier than a medium action rod. Braid to fluro is fine but keep your drag loose and don’t set the hook like you normally would. Do more of a “sweep” when you get a fish to bite it. Also, don’t use the zman standard jigheads. There are better options out there than those. They aren’t very durable and the keeper often breaks. I’ve had much better luck with the zman nedlockz jig heads.

Mahtofire has suggested the big TRD instead of the original one because of the bigger lure/bigger fish theory. You can experiment with that on your own.

FryDog62

“Also, don’t use the zman standard jigheads. There are better options out there than those. They aren’t very durable and the keeper often breaks. I’ve had much better luck with the zman nedlockz jig heads.”

This… Nedlockz far superior

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.