ND river muskie and northern lakes

• Alex C Sele

I’m looking to go after some muskie or northern in North Dakota. I only have a kayak so I’m looking for either rivers small lakes with muskie or northern. I live in fargo so something on the eastern part of the state would be nice thanks.

Andrew Meyer

Give Ashtabula some time and she’ll produce some monsters. A lot of guys are getting 35 inchers while smallmouth fishing. They were stocked in the last 10 years or so.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Muskies in Ashtabula? My family has a cabin on that lake and I know there is pike there. But never heard about muskies. If they are in there they must be in very low numbers. For about the same drive time from Fargo to Ashtabula, you could get to the Detroit lakes area and find places with a higher density of muskies. Unless you are trying to stay in ND. Than … I am not much help.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

They have been stocking Ashtabula with muskies for a few years now. There is no fish in Ashtray and it is definitely not worth a drive.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Looks like in lake Ashtabula they started stocking muskies in 2016 with 3,654 fingerling. In another 5 years I guess I will have to bring my muskie gear with. I know Lake Audubon and New Johns Lake are good for muskies in ND. But that is not close to Fargo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.