NBA Rookie of the Year

• toddrun

I realize TV announcers and analysts have to have diarrhea of the mouth, and have to create drama or controversy, but how can’t ANT win NBA Rookie of the Year???? I don’t see how he can’t get 100% of the votes at this point. Everyone else got hurt, and he has been on the court putting in tons of minutes and getting better every game. The other night an announcer was even putting in a sales pitch for Haliburton, who is a good story, but way behind the talent of ANT, and unfortunately he got hurt that same game. And now that Lamelo came back, guys at touting him again, because he makes a circus pass every game, big deal.

ANT for RoY – put it in the books!!

Side note, are the Wolves trying to get out of the bottom 3? I know they owe Golden State a 1st round pick, top 3 protected this coming year, then wide open next year. Well, they are currently sitting with a top 3 pick this draft if the lottery goes by the odds, so would be protected, then give GS next years pick where ever it ends up. But, I believe, 2022 is the year they open up the draft to all players including high school player again, which they are expecting to be an epic draft. So are the Wolves trying to play their way into giving this years draft pick away, to keep next years? If so, I think a top 3 this year is still better than what they would give next year. KAT, DRuss, ANT, Beasley, McDaniels, Culver, Okogie, Vanderbilt, plus others and a top 3 pick, should be good enough to get out of the lottery – wouldn’t it????? peace

eyeguy507
    SE MN

NBA? I myself could care less.

Thanks for your input but I’m sure the OP could care less that you care less.
    Ant is and was the right pick and is the best rookie not that it means anything. Standrew Wiggins was ROY too and he was a heaping pile of shhhhhh. Lamelo is a better shooting Rubio.

toddrun

I agree with you eyeguy507,

I have been put down comparing Melo with Rubio, but I see them basically the same. Melo is a better shooter, but Rubio is a better defender. Melo may be a better rebounder as well.

And I agree RoY is kind of a useless award, but I think ANT is being downgraded because the Wolves are such a dismal organization, and he shouldn’t be. Its a personal award, and he is achieving in spite of the horrible team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.