Navionics App

• Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

I just got a new phone and opened up my navionics app. While all of the markers are still showing, it has removed all of my downloaded maps and says I now need to subscribe for $50/year?! Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

Alex Fox

Mine says the same thing, but even if I click no to the new subscription, all my maps open up.

Something like this happened a few years ago with them. My app now says Boating app, but it still works the same. I think you just don’t get the bells and whistles. Maybe search your app store for that.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Your subscription expired. Navionics now wants $50 a year from you to download maps and receive updates. If you’ve paid in the past you can still access your markers and the maps you previously downloaded. You cannot, however download new areas. This last bit is a bummer because if I go to a new area I won’t be able to view the lake information but I ain’t paying no $50 a year. Thankfully I’d already zoomed in on a large portion of MN

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Your subscription expired. Navionics now wants $50 a year from you to download maps and receive updates. If you’ve paid in the past you can still access your markers and the maps you previously downloaded. You cannot, however download new areas. This last bit is a bummer because if I go to a new area I won’t be able to view the lake information but I ain’t paying no $50 a year. Thankfully I’d already zoomed in on a large portion of MN

I get that I cannot download new maps, but any clue why my previously downloaded maps are not showing up? Is it because I got a new phone and the app updated?

John Timm

Found the same thing on my new phone. But yes, $50 a year is the new subscription price. A little to rich for my blood as I don’t use it often enough. I heard there’s a hummingbird app called one boat I think, but haven’t looked into it.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

If you have a garmin unit you can still view the charts on the active captain app. They are the same maps on your unit.

dbright
    Cambridge

Check out One boat network app. I downloaded it a few weeks ago and so far it seems as good or better then navionics.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

the maps on navionics are not good anyway, they show out dated maps.

mark Mason

I just experienced this new $49.99 subscription charge to renew. I always found Navionics to be barely worth the old fee but I subscribed year after year. $50 is too much for me to renew.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I use the outdated Navionics map a lot. Even without the new subscription it still is a great source of Info.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Check out One boat network app. I downloaded it a few weeks ago and so far it seems as good or better then navionics.

This is what I did and it’s only $25/year. I still have all my navionic downloads/markers and will hold onto those until I inevitably wreck my current phone. I do like the on boat network so far.

Nodakk

Same happened to me when I got a new phone couple weeks ago. Ended up downloading the One Boat Network app and for half the price of Navionics with higher quality mapping, it’s a no brainer

hossfisher

There’s about to be a new player as well soon with OnX Fish getting ready to release. From what I’ve seen, this could be a one stop fishing shop, if done right. Lake mapping, GIS data, current satellite imagery, and fish survey data all rolled into one mobile app. Allegedly rolling out in the next few weeks.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

There’s about to be a new player as well soon with OnX Fish getting ready to release. From what I’ve seen, this could be a one stop fishing shop, if done right. Lake mapping, GIS data, current satellite imagery, and fish survey data all rolled into one mobile app. Allegedly rolling out in the next few weeks.

Sweet, I’ve been wondering when OnX would be coming out with something like this!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Same happened to me when I got a new phone couple weeks ago. Ended up downloading the One Boat Network app and for half the price of Navionics with higher quality mapping, it’s a no brainer

Navionics is overrated for me.

I use the One Boat Network app to look at areas I want to fish when I’m not on the water…then have that app open while out on the water. I’ve got a magnetic phone mount right next to my graph and generally have it up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.