Nashville suggestions

• ThunderLund78

Bumping this up for an upcoming trip. Thunderlund how was the trip?

Super fun trip, if it’s your first time do the Broadway thing, it’s a spectacle to behold. But If ever go back I might only do that one night – if that. I’m getting too old for drunken crowds and too many so called “cowboys” that wouldn’t last a second riding the range.

About two blocks off Broadway there a a bunch of bars in a place called Printer’s Alley – and that was really cool. Much more laid-back – There’s a Blues Bar there that was top-notch and was a nice break from the 27th rendition of “Dust on the Bottle” or “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.” I should add that I DESPISE POP COUNTRY but can tolerate it for one night of debauchery. IF I go back I will be focusing my time entirely off Broadway, I would like to find the places the singer/songwriters or the up-and-comers play their original material.

I will say, check out who’s playing at the Grand Ole’ Opry while you’re there – catching a show there is 100% worth it. There’s usually a line-up of 6-8 performers and they each do 2-3 songs each. The professionalism of the set-up and logistics is mind-blowing. When one artist is done, the lights go down and the crew sets the stage for the next in under 5 minutes while the Emcee guy talks about the artists. You’re out of there in 3 hrs and you got to see some legends. Literally whoever is hanging out in town will show up for a few songs from ALL eras of country, and maybe even one or two from different genres. Among the performers we saw at our show were Bobby Osborne, Ricky Skaggs and Sara Evans.

CaptainMusky

Loved Nashville and would go again in a heartbeat. We did a wine tour at Belle Meade, went to a bourbon distillery that is near that “American Pickers” store which was fantastic.
    We went to one bar not on broadway but near the football stadium and they had live dancing which was fun to watch all the line dancing.
    Hattie B’s is a must, but the one off Broadway is stupid busy. We were told by locals there is another one a few blocks away that is not busy.

orve4

I agree with those previous statement the strip for 1 night is fine. There is a place on the strip that has 25oz bush latte for five dollars. Otherwise I recommend a place just off the strip called Doc Hollidays. Good bloodys and great old bar with cool stair cases.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.