My Lucky Day – Well I hope it’s Carma. I try my best.

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

My Mom never told me but she did teach me – Do nice things for people and nice things will happen to you. I got a different memo than Randy’s people. I try to do: “the simple stuff, holding a door open for (people), giving a seat up in a waiting room to a woman, saying please and thank you …”.

I went to Ace on Friday to have some keys made. I noticed they are now a St. Croix rod dealer. And oddly enough they had a rod I wanted to hold in my hand before I bought it. They told me if I bought it Saturday 11a-2p a St Croix Rep would be there, I would get a free bait (Yippie!!) and be registered for door prizes. They had free brats and dogs too.

So yesterday I figured I would wash my truck and go talk to a St. Croix Rep. Well, I ended up with a new musky rod. NOTE: 9″ Musky rod will not fit in my truck cab or box (out the window).

This morning I get a call from Ace. I won a Helix 5 G2 Portable ($540). Since I have a Helix 7 & 9 already, – In the spirit of Mom – I will sell it to my buddy for $200 (I paid $250 for the rod). His locator is pre-2000 and he has 13 year old twins that love to fish. He doesn’t have much money but he does nice things for people. He gets a locator with GPS/lake maps and all the good stuff . . . . and I get a smile and a warm fuzzy feeling.

Again – Do nice things for people and nice things will happen to you.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s awesome. Good job and helping a buddy always feels great

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Sweet! Very nice gesture!

Umy
    South Metro

Way to go!

AK Guy

Do unto others…

robby
    Quad Cities

Love this! Pay it forward.

MX1825

Wonderful story HH. Congrats on the win and the pay it forward. waytogo waytogo

Sylvanboat

It’s a great country. God bless the USA. Let’s now kick some Russian butt.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice job. While I sometimes do find myself thinking the population as a whole is loaded with rotten people, I try to be positive in my dealings with coworkers and other people because I feel the more positive I am, the more positive the people are around me as well.

You never know you’re doing it at the time, but even one nice gesture could turn things around for someone having a tough day or week and can have a big impact on someone.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Very nice! toast toast toast toast toast

My entire life I have believed in it. Not for personal gain, but because it is what I feel is right. I’ve been blessed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.