My heart and thoughts and thanks to those that protect us.

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

You are being asked to do something that that must weigh heavy on your mind. I’m talking about the enforcement coming into the cities. Just want to let you know I’m behind you and and I prey for your goodwill.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well said and I agree. Hope all residents will be ok

Sharon
    SE Metro

I can’t imagine being on the front lines of situations like this and I’m very thankful for the brave men and women who are and putting their lives on the line. Billy’s nephew is in the National Guard and was just called into action as the next wave of troops are sent in to Mpls. This is hitting too close to home for me. 😕

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

These are all our friends, sons and daughters of friends, relatics, and neighbors.

Hopefully the rioters will be cleaned out tonight and we can get back to what’s important.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Please give thoughts to those that are asked to be in harms way. Seems arguing is more important then those asked to support us. Show your support. Sharon shared a connection that many must be thinking. Bk reminded us these are our family and friends.
    Give them the support they deserve.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Good post 1hl&sinker, I fully agree and am thankful for them.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Dan, forgive the timing on my post.
    Just frustrated over the arguing. Yes,I have been involved but this is more of an important subject for me.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Sinker I share your thoughts. My prayers are with all those in harm’s way tonight, those who are sent to restore order, and those who take care of everyone.🙏🙏🙏

Dan
    Southeast MN

Dan, forgive the timing on my post.
    Just frustrated over the arguing. Yes,I have been involved but this is more of an important subject for me.

No problem at all, gratitude towards our military, police, first responders, firefighters, and more should be shown much more often. I’ve always thought that the names of every soldier recently killed in combat (like Iraq & Afghanistan when they were going on more) should be read at the beginning of every newscast, radio show, school day, etc. so we’re constantly reminded that while we enjoy a nice day there are those sacrificing their lives. And you’re right about the constant arguing, between COVID threads and now this crap it’s becoming the same people repeating the same crap over and over, yet a thread like this or the one on Memorial Day gets far less comments.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Lets keep this going! God bless them all.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Especially when you have to fight the unlawful without force I know I would very nervous standing with a shield and people throwing projectiles at you. I sure it is very nerve raking for these officers keep up the good work!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

My prayers sent to all who serve. Take care.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Lets keep this going! God bless them all.

Good call!! What a tough job. So very, absolutely, unquestionably grateful to them.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Especially when you have to fight an enemy without force I know I would very nervous standing with a shield and people throwing projectiles at you. I sure it is very nerve raking for these officers keep up the good work!

This may sound like semantics, but it is not: please do not conflate the terms “enemy” with “civilians & civilians committing criminal acts.”

The military and law enforcement are two very different organizations with two completely different purposes.

When I was in officer training they made it crystal clear that whatever role you serve, and whatever flowery language we use to describe the military and its purpose, they core mission is to “kill the enemy and break his stuff.” You operate among an enemy population, and your use of force is against enemies.

The mission of police is to protect and serve. They are people who are a part of that community of civilians, and they seek to protect that community by upholding the law and apprehending civilians committing criminal acts.

When police start to view civilians or criminals as “enemies” things get bad. When the military is called in to support police and deal with civilians (not enemies) it should at least concern, if not terrify you because this is not their intended purpose, therefore they impose restrictive rules of engagement.

Everything is a hot mess right now, but hopefully we are on the path to squashing violence, protecting everyone, and upholding citizen rights.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Changed enemy to unlawful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.