My Favorite New MN Bill

• tswoboda

This got me thinking…I wonder if the authors of the bill have a big honey-do list that includes staining their homes, and if it’s illegal for them to buy and apply the stain to their home, they’re off the hook and can hire it out.

Lol playing 4d chess with the honey-do-list I love it

Unfortunately the more likely reasoning is one of them or their cronies is probably a major stakeholder in a painting company

OG Net_Man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishinfreaks wrote:</div>
    This got me thinking…I wonder if the authors of the bill have a big honey-do list that includes staining their homes, and if it’s illegal for them to buy and apply the stain to their home, they’re off the hook and can hire it out.

Lol playing 4d chess with the honey-do-list I love it

Unfortunately the more likely reasoning is one of them or their cronies is probably a major stakeholder in a painting company

From what I read – Senate Majority Leader Erin Murphy’s husband owns a painting company.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Lets just hope it fails.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Dang, I was just getting good at huffin.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Murphy’s husband Joe owns a painting business. It’s standard stuff. Use your power to push laws that will restrict or limit competition and benefit your family business regardless of how it will affect others.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Murphy’s husband Joe owns a painting business. It’s standard stuff. Use your power to push laws that will restrict or limit competition and benefit your family business regardless of how it will affect others.

conflict of interest??

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I assume something is missing BUT If this is absolutely true then it needs to go to a lawyer asap.

tswoboda

That’s true about Murphy’s husband, but her name isn’t on the bill so what would go to the lawyer? I’m guessing this has a lot more to do with the painter’s union lobbyist and one of the bill authors being famously pro-union.

This has no chance of passing but yeah it’s frustrating how much time they waste playing politics with all these batshit crazy bills we’re seeing posted.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My mistake. I thought her name was on the bill. I guess she is not that dumb. I am willing to bet she has had input on the bill behind closed doors and may even be swapping favors.

CaptainMusky

This has no chance of passing but yeah it’s frustrating how much time they waste playing politics with all these batshit crazy bills we’re seeing posted.

That is what politicians do. They waste all our tax dollars on crap like this.

Jason

I also assume that this bill has a heavy union backing behind it as well. Another way to organize and hurt the little guy and generate more control on what the average Joe can handle on their own. A person has to remember that less cash flow between individuals will result in more tax revenue for the regime.

Jimmy Jones

Menards, FleetFarm, Home Depot, LOwes, Tractor Supply, Runnings, all these places make their living off the everyday guy and not so much off contractors simply because so many contractors work off prints and plans that require paints and finishes of a specific formulation or label that these places don’t sell. I can’t see this sailing much further than a trash can on the way out of a meeting room.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I also assume that this bill has a heavy union backing behind it as well. Another way to organize and hurt the little guy and generate more control on what the average Joe can handle on their own. A person has to remember that less cash flow between individuals will result in more tax revenue for the regime.

frown well IF this has some backing by the painters union, it wont get far with this current administration. king jung walz doesnt do jack for the building trades..now if the teachers, nurses o ASMCE has anything to do with it………………

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.