My daughters first day fishing!

• Bryan Myers

Recently I got a chance to get my 5 year old niece and my 2 year old daughter in the boat to try and catch some fish and have some fun making memories. This was one of those trips where I tried to not worry about catching big fish just keeping the little ones entertained, which was not that easy for me. I decided that the best option was to stay close to home just incase things didn’t go so well.

We started out using slip bobbers along weed edges and it didn’t take long to find a few small fish. We’d fish for a while the the girls would want to just drive around and cool off, then we’d fish and repeat. They were both so excited with even a bite at the worm. It was even better when the fish made it in the boat and they both had to touch them and give their farewells as we tossed them back to “grow bigger” for next time.

We never really did find piles of fish but we all had tons of fun which took me back to my roots and really to me that’s what it’s all about.

Attachments:
    1. image44.jpg

2. image43.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Great post, Bryan! I love to see stories like this! Speaking from experience, a girl never forgets the wonderful times she has spending time in her dad’s (or uncles’s!) boat. )

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Those are some cute ones there. I had to take a step back with my kids too on the big fish, go back to when I was a paddleboat and dock fishing champion, thats our kids too it seems.

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

Good stuff right there !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.