MX1825 owners

• tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I am thinking of adding an HDS 7 that I have to the bow of my MX1825. Wondering how you have mounted your bow electronics? Thinking if using a ram mount should it be mounted to the floor or the bow plate? Any comments on your is mounted would be appreciated. Thanks.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I mounted a Helix 5 to the bow plate with a backing plate for added support because the plate is plastic. I’d be nervous putting a heavy head unit on it because its just plastic.

If it will work for you, it makes a super clean mount location vs the floor imo…

munchy
    NULL

Don’t own the boat in question, however, unless you like staring at your feet all day I’d place it on the bow plate.

Joe, where does the TM mount to if the bow plate is just plastic? Seema like an odd design….

JoeMX1825
    MN

The bow plate is just an angled 4”x10” plastic insert piece the trolling motor plug & trim switch are installed on, I installed my helix mount between them.

The trolling motor itself installs ontop of the fiberglass gunnel.

munchy
    NULL

The bow plate is just an angled 4”x10” plastic insert piece the trolling motor plug & trim switch are installed on, I installed my helix mount between them.

The trolling motor itself installs ontop of the fiberglass gunnel.

I see… Just a misunderstanding….I always called the bow plate the area where the TM is mounted.

This is where I would mount it.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2019-06-23-15-28-122.png

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I did not realize that that plate was plastic so floor or munchy suggestion for placement.
    I agree with the suggestion on placement munchy as probably being the best location, but to scared to drill through the gel coat and put cracks in it. Think if I put on floor the carpet is there to cover any mistakes. I see ram makes a 15″ high mount going to measure and most likely go with that.

Thanks both for your replies!

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I run a Helix 9 up from on a Cisco mounted to the floor off set to the trolling motor plug side on my WX1910. For my style of fishing it’s fine because I’m mostly casting.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

If you mount it where Munchy is suggesting AND you have a boat cover, I would double check on the fit. Otherwise, you could take it off and on as needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.