musky trip

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

heading up friday for a weekend of musky fishing on vermilion. Any clues on whats moving fish? night bites? burning? any info would be much appreciated.
    Thanks guys!

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

It was definitely mostly bucktails on LOTW last weekend. I haven’t heard any recent reports from Vermillion. I definitely wouldn’t be afraid to fish after dark out there this time of year.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

A guy here at work was up there last week. They moved a few fish, but it was very slow. The only action seemed to happen at prime times….SR/SS, Moon rise, etc.

SR

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Fish seem to be on rocks right now. I try and find rocks that are near deep water. Top water will show you some fish but I have had a lot of luck on grinding rocks with cranks also mid day if it gets hot throw rubber in deeper water like a Medusa try and find the schools of baits first late at night it’s tough to beat a black top water like a weagle or burning bucktails. Right now I am 100 percent throwing a 9 inch grandma for my first bait and grind rocks. Good luck and let us know what you find

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Fish seem to be on rocks right now. I try and find rocks that are near deep water. Top water will show you some fish but I have had a lot of luck on grinding rocks with cranks also mid day if it gets hot throw rubber in deeper water like a Medusa try and find the schools of baits first late at night it’s tough to beat a black top water like a weagle or burning bucktails. Right now I am 100 percent throwing a 9 inch grandma for my first bait and grind rocks. Good luck and let us know what you find

Allan, That’s some great info for anyone else who might be headed up there but I think the OP already went up this past weekend. Anyway, were you able to boat any?

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

we boated one fish the first day. I had one blow up a pacemaker late one night and lastly a hit on straight retrieving a cowgirl the last day. It was a tough bite out there. So tough that we even lindy rigged walleye for 45 mins!

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

My bad lol just like a blister show up when the work is done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.