Musky Rod Holders for trolling with Alumacraft Alumatrax

• Kyle Wills

Hey everyone,

I currently have Scotty rod holders that I use for trolling in general for walleyes and such. But wondering if there is a bit more robust product out there for when I hook into a bigger Musky that I can utilize with my Alumacraft Trax.

Thanks!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

The Down East rod holder might have something that would work.

AK Guy

If you want the easiest rod holder to get a rod out when a fish is pegged, buy a Folbe. I’ve been using them for 10 plus years. Do a quick google search and see why the cool kids are using them…

Kyle Wills

If you want the easiest rod holder to get a rod out when a fish is pegged, buy a Folbe. I’ve been using them for 10 plus years. Do a quick google search and see why the cool kids are using them…

I’m more concerned about the plastic holding up when a big fish smokes it.

bowhunter84

Do you back off your drag when trolling for musky? That might help with your concern

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’ll cost a small fortune but the best ones out there are traxstech. You can get alumatrac adapters and mount a traxstech track. Might be over $200 to mount one rod on one side though.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I use my Scotty holders for trolling muskies and also have an Alumacraft trophy with the track system. They are mounted to those Brocraft mounts. I’ve caught about a dozen muskies in this boat trolling now. Biggest has been 50 but several over 40. No problems. I do have the drags set so the line will pull out before it would destroy the holder. I have no doubt there are better holders but I have about 8 of them and don’t feel like replacing them.

AK Guy

I wouldn’t worry about the plastic Folbe rod holders are made of. They’re bullet proof. These rod holders are used by sturgeon fisherman on the Columbia 8’-10’ fish) and by the majority of king salmon fisherman on the Kenai River in Alaska. All bigger and stronger fish than a muskie. I can personally attest to three king salmon over 80lbs striking my gear in a Folbe rod holder.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the Folbe rod holders are fiber-reinforced, they are a completely different class than the low-end Scotty type ones even though they look similar. in 15+ years of use for muskies, i’ve only ever had one crack, and the design makes them much easier to pull a rod when it’s under pressure. my experience is they’re just as durable as metal rod holders such as Down East, but easier to use and gentler on my rods. yep, they’re pricey but definitely worth it…buy once, cry once!

http://www.folbe.com/fishing-rod-holders/advantage-rod-holder/view-all-products.html

catnip
    south metro

Monster rod holders, your boat and rod will break before they do!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.