Musky Reel

• Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I’ve been fishing Muskie for a month and a half and have now gone thru 2 Daiwa Prorex reels. The brake has gone out on both. I do some ripping regular Medusa but other than that the heaviest bait I throw is probably a magnum swimming dawg. This is a $320 reel and I’m at a loss. The first reel made it 2 weeks and the second went out tonight which makes it just over a month. How can this be? For $300 you should be able to stop a bullet with it.

mnfisherman18

That is pretty terrible. Did they replace the first one? The only advice I can offer is go with a Tranx next.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Yes they replaced the first one no problem. I guess more than anything I’m at a loss. Is it possible I don’t have the magnets set right?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’d go with another brand/model of reel if I had more than one problem like that.

stevenoak

That is pretty terrible. Did they replace the first one? The only advice I can offer is go with a Tranx next.

x2. Not to get all Ford vs Chevy. But I’ve had zero issues with Tranx. Except being a little hard to find.

Deuces

You’re not using the reel to stop the bait r u?

Other than that welcome to the “buy $hit new and it breaks club”. New members get a handshake, pat on the back, and nothing else bc noone wants to be in this club.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I don’t think so but I’m not sure what you mean.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I purchased a Diawa Lexa TW prior to my Canada trip this fall. Was really excited about it. It worked Great for a few days, but failed me on about the 4th day of use. The handle came off while fighting a Big pike. It turns out the handle nut stripped the threads on the shaft. They said they will replace it but I’m not sure I want another one. may try and get my money back and get a tranx ( Which I wanted in the first place ) but could not locate.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

I don’t think so but I’m not sure what you mean.

Engaging the spool while bait is still in the air

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Oh I got ya. No I don’t do that. Scheels replaced. Hard to beat that customer service. Anyone looking for a brand new reel I might know where you can find one.

carver
    West Metro

I have had trans and lexa’s granted I don’t use them hard until sept, oct, nov but never had one fail.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.