Muskie on the Big Fork river?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Saw a TV show about somebody fishing Muskie on one of the rivers up this way. I’m thinking it was the Big Fork? Maybe Little Fork? Anybody remember or have any info on it? Might want to look into doing a little bank fishing. I don’t think there is enough water to float anything more than a canoe.

Thanks for any info.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

That bigfork river isn’t all that far from our cabin dutchy. I’ve never seen any type of boat on it but I do know people float it fishing. If it can float canoes I would think it would take a small 12-14 ft boat.

It’s been a while I’ll admit I’ve actually heard anything about the bigfork river.

matt

Fished it a couple times and we drug a 14ft boat way back in the woods with a 4wheeler.A canoe would be best.I have heard they do some bank fishing for pike/muskie but not sure where or how productive it is.No huge fish but we caught muskies,pike and walleyes.

dbright
    Cambridge

I tried it once a few years ago over the 4th. We ran my boat 6-8 miles upriver when it was running medium on the gauge in big falls. No fish for us and I won’t be taking the boat again.

Nodakk

They are in the Big Fork if you can find them

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They are in the Big Fork if you can find them

x2 I know someone that fishes it somewhat regularly, and has caught some very nice ‘skis out of it.

3Rivers

It’s one of those areas in which you will have to figure out most everything yourself. Not a secret, but not well known either. They are definitely in the Littlefork, but not a huge population and you will work to find them. But there are some nice ones. Seen em with my own eyes.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Muskies can only be caught in places big shiny boats go. If you haven’t seen multiple TV shows chasing them there it’s scientifically impossible they exist there. whistling

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So, are these fish traveling up stream from LOTW via the Rainy River or are they born & dying there?

Also for all the guys who fish the Rainy River for Sturgeon & Walleye, are you getting any Muskie?

dbright
    Cambridge

If they are above Little American falls I would have a hard time believing they travel upriver from the lake.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.