MTT & LOTW

• Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Wow Wow Wow Wow is all I can say about Lake of the Woods. Oh, did I say Wow. In terms of quality fish Lakes in Minnesota, Lake of the Woods takes a backseat to no one!

My brother in law and I departed on Wednesday for the Wigwam and the Woodside Cabin that we have grown to know and love. After the long journey we settled in for the night and were set to pre fish tourney hours all day on Thursday.

We hit the water Thursday morning filled with anticipation knowing what the Lake can offer. Of course both tourney days and the prefishing day offered periods where the lake had some monster waves, but you don’t seem to mind when the Walleye fishing is darn right “stupid” good. In fact, I would rate this in terms of quality trips in my top three or so for quality fish.

I could go into great detail, but lets cut to the quick. Three days of fishing and the clicker ended up at 149 fish for the trip. That included a couple greasy slimers but the rest were all eyes and saugers.
    We caught tons and tons of quality fish everyday, but here are the highlights:
    1. Prefishing – Brent whacks a 29 inch fish.
    2. Tourney Day one – I whack a 30 inch fish and we win the tournament. We also had 2 – 27’s.
    3. Tourney Day two – 65 Walleyes. Think about that. With a travel hour on each end of the day, we had 6 hours to fish. 360 minutes/65 walleyes = a walleye every 5.5 minutes.

We ended up right in the middle of the pack. We brought our 4 fish in, but used up our luck on the first two days. We just couldn’t find another giant or the 19.5 inchers we needed to place. We caught multiple 20 and 21 inch fish, but those didn’t do us any good.

Fishing is great right now if you get a chance to get up there. We found our best luck in 25
    Good luck to 32 FOW. Jigging, blades, and lead all put fish in the boat. Trolling lead was around 2 mph for us and pulling blades 1.0 to 1.3. Colors were pink/gold and orange/gold for us.
    Tight Lines and we will see you on the water!

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Here are a few pictures

Attachments:
    1. 084.jpg

2. 087.jpg

3. 012.jpg

4. 004.jpg

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Knight, Bridges, Garden? 16 mile?

Nice fish and great report!

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Yeah, we were north and spending our time around the reefs. We also had pretty good success with the lead bite out in the basin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.