Moxi Plastics

• Josh Lauer

Hi,
    I am new to using Plastics for walleye. I bought AuthentX Moxi and the Pulse R. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on when to use them? Like types of conditions. And also times of the year. And this might sound dumb but is there a sort of technique to use?

Thanks

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

A million ways…..are you fishing lakes or rivers?

A lot of guys use them during colder water….spring and fall but you can use them year round. Slow action in colder water…..speed and rip jigging as it warms.

A lot of guys on here, including me, use them mainly on the river. The current does most of the work as you sweep them across current seams. A lot of lake guys pitch weed pockets or wind blown shorelines with them.

Look up some of the IDO shows on YouTube. They’ve done a couple recently with plastics. Tom Boley has a few good shows, too.

I’m sure others will chime it too.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Pitch em shallow in spring. 3 way dubuque rig on rivers can be good. I’ll use em in summer too dragging them down river while drifting. Got my biggest crappie that way.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

They also work on lakes for bass, pike walleyes and crappies. Pitching them on jigs and retrieving them slowly above weeds or rocks year round.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

They also work on lakes for bass, pike walleyes and crappies. Pitching them on jigs and retrieving them slowly above weeds or rocks year round.

Try this with a lip jig head if they are wanting a little more action.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.