Motors

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

Will be getting a new boat in the near future. What should i use to power it. Most every thing i look at is rated i. The 115-200hp. Plan on getting as much motor as i can afford. Any thing to avoid ?

B-man

Will be getting a new boat in the near future. What should i use to power it. Most every thing i look at is rated i. The 115-200hp. Plan on getting as much motor as i can afford. Any thing to avoid ?

The only brand I would avoid is Evinrude. Service techs/centers were hard enough to come by as it was, and with the recent announcement of a shutdown it isn’t going to improve.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Adequately powered 4 stroke. Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Mercury, they are all good, depending on exact size might determine which brand or model for me. Or deal from dealer. Boat shopping is fun! Enjoy and find what you want!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just don’t get talked into less than max horse allowed on the boat.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

replied in your other post, don’t skimp on power. Once you narrow down your choices to 1 or 2 individual boats come back and ask for feedback for guys that have them, how much hp they have, and their experiences. Then you’ll get more than the generic “max it out” answer.

igotone

Just don’t get talked into less than max horse allowed on the boat.

never under power anything — you can never look back
    except to see who is behind you. lol

Billy J

Just don’t get talked into less than max horse allowed on the boat

X2 on max horse power. All preformance tests on new boats were done with max horse power on the boat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.