Motorguide

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Anyone know who has the best prices on the Motorguide Xi5 80lb 60″w/sonar GPS Thanks

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Anchorexpress has them for $1359

milemark_714

Universalmania had the best price I could find last spring.Plus free shipping.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Any rumors to changes that could be coming this year? I would think a refresh, or new “thing” is in order…

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

The only thing I would think, might be a remote with a display because of all of the gripes about it not having one. Last year they came out with the gateway kit to compete with the Humminbird Link. Keep in mind too that the xi5 software can be updated through the gateway kit, so software updates can be done at home when they come out using a SD card.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Agree on the screen, but I heard a rumor that MK owns the patent on that, so not possible right now for MG. Could be the auto stow-n-go that MK has, but again…
    This is why I ask. I know I can always update software, but cannot always update hardware easily. So, if someone can offer a bit of info, or have heard rumors it would be cool to discuss and make an educated purchase.

Thanks!

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Motorguide Xi5-80fw 60″ 24v Fp Snr Gps Bow Mount
    Your Price:$1,293.45

No tax and no shipping at The Digital Oasis.com.
    See “Trolling Motors” page 23.

I bought a Minkota and a Humminbird from them last year. No problems – and best buy almost anywhere without tax/shipping.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I’d love to see the motorguide with a digital screen on the remote. A lift system would be pretty cool too. Even though i usually use the remote, I’m not sure how I’d like the the foot pedal controls.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I asked an “insider” friend of mine, if I should buy the Pinpoint GPS kit to add to my Xi5 now, or wait for the screen-version,,,,,,,,

He told me to buy it now, the screen in the remote is not eminent.

HRG

CaptainMusky

IDK, I think adding a screen to the remote is pointless all it does it makes it clunky. The controls are so intuitive and one press of the + or – button decreases your speed .1MPH when in cruise mode. In anchor mode the direction arrows move you over 5 feet whichever direction with each press.
    I don’t see the point. The LED indicators tell you the status of the motor, GPS, prop, etc.
    If you get the Gateway kit you have a huge screen to do your controls instead of a 3″ screen wrapped around your neck.
    I know guys who rely on the footpedal so I would like to see them upgrade that to a more flat style like minnkota has, but other than that there isn’t much I would change.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I agree, the only real gripe I have is that I wish the tone was a little louder. I’m always standing right by a graph, so GPS speed isn’t a huge deal for me. The beeps being louder would help me determine when changes were accepted.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Can you use the foot pedal and remote at the same time like on a Terrova?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Yes sir.

HRG

CaptainMusky

Yes, but make sure you have the most recent SW update for the motor. Motors sold and produced in the last 8 months are probably fine, but the early ones (like mine) didn’t like it at all. The motor would get a mind of its own.
    After the update, it works fine. I don’t do it often, but it does work.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Keep in mind the customer service you will get with an online vendor versus a local dealer. You get what you pay for on that side of things….

CaptainMusky

Keep in mind the customer service you will get with an online vendor versus a local dealer. You get what you pay for on that side of things….

That may make a difference so smaller items like returning a defective rod or something, but when you purchase something like electronics or a trolling motor I really don’t see a benefit in customer service by buying “local”. If I have issues I am calling the manufacturer directly anyways.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Agree totally. Many local places (while they will definitely assist you) simply refer you back to the manufacturer on anything major. The trade between finding me a contact number (that I will find online anyway), or saving a few hundred dollars on the exact same product is a no brainer. I rely on the local shops for things I need right now, or want to touch before I buy, receive something I cannot get online very easy. Planning ahead and saving a few bucks in a hobby that is quickly getting more and more expensive is my way of still enjoying my time on the water. Some have the money to not care, but I do not.
    $0.02

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I don’t agree with not buying local because you won’t get the customer service on electronics or trolling motors. We had a brand new touch 12 go out last year days before a tournament, the local shop gave us their demo unit for the weekend. Now if your buying from a local outdoor chain store, I wouldn’t expect much for customer service.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Motorguide Xi5-80fw 60″ 24v Fp Snr Gps Bow Mount
    Your Price:$1,293.45
    No tax and no shipping at The Digital Oasis.com.
    See “Trolling Motors” page 23.
    I bought a Minkota and a Humminbird from them last year. No problems – and best buy almost anywhere without tax/shipping.

Not going to debate buying local or not. That’s your choice. I just wanted to add that I also was able to use the Minkota mail in rebate last year when I purchased from Digital Oasis. Can’t beat that at many Internet retailers.
    ….And that they do have a warranty, but like all, generally refer you back to the manufacturer – which is where I would go directly anyhow.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.