More Garmin echoMap 73sv questions.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hi All! I bought 2 of these today. 1 for bow, 1 for console. The bow mount units tranducer will go on the trolling motor as is traditional. Is there an accessory to protect this ducer? Im pretty hard on my trolling motors as sometimes I fish shallow. Do they make a puck style that works for side view? Now for the unit on the console. Where should I mount this one. I run a fiberglass boat and have always had shoot through hull ducers. My understanding is that side view will not function with a shoot through hull ducer. Is this fact? If not where should I mount this ducer? I have a jackplate. Last question I think…. How do I get these 2 units to “talk to eachother”? Do I need to purchase anything that did not come with these units? Both are new in the box. Thank you all for your wisdom or wit, whichever I receive.– Rob

shamus
    Inactive

I don’t have any info on your transducer questions, but both units you have should have come with a data sharing cable. You will only be able to share waypoints.

shamus
    Inactive

BTW if you want to get a large amount of info on Garmin units then check out Bass Boat Centrals Garmin Forums.

robby
    Quad Cities

Thankyou Shamus

robby
    Quad Cities

Thank you Reef!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.