bad timing

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

…speaking of rain, we got a lot of it in the past 24hours, and they say more is on the way . now i know the rivers where very low and clear but this may be a little to much don’t you think ?

i haven’t been trout fishing in over a month but had a long weekend planned down at lansboro this weekend. do you guys think the root will be fishable or i’m i going to have to look for some smaller streams .

i was really looking forward to finally getting back out to do some troutin, i just hope all this rain isn’t going to mess with my plans .

FlyGuy
    Winona, MN

We did need the rain, but this much in a few days will make some the larger streams (Root, Rush, Whitewater) cloudy for 2-3 days. Jake if I were you I would at least have backup plans for Camp, Duschee, East Beaver ect.

Todd Olson

The Fly Guys Guide Service

EFN Field Staff

[email protected]

mike t
    St Paul, MN

The rush is raging full on, well out of it’s banks and I suspect it will not be fishable this weekend either. Too bad, we had a wicked sulpher nite on monday. back to the streamers!

Last round of high/receding water we absolutely had a great time fishing unweighted streamers (madonna’s & muddlers mostly). Sometimes even skipping them on the surface during the swing, but always really high in the water column. Yellow has been the best color generally.

Mike T

JimW
    SE MN

Mike T,

I noticed your from St. Paul. Is there any chance you might be referring to a different Rush? I think the Fly Guy was referring to Rush Creek in SE MN?
    Either way, thank for the info! Just wanted to clarify.

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

mike t
    St Paul, MN

your right, different Rush. I’d guess your streams are going to be in rough shape as well. We were on the croix last night at the mouth of the Kinni and she was waaay up and total choco milk.

you guys swing streamers down there much? most of my experience down there has been fishing scuds and dries. I hardly even nymph anymore, guess I like the excitement of the streamer bite.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.