Great Opener

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I spent all day Saturday and much of Sunday fishing. I was told the creek we were fishing was called Beaver. The fishing was fantastic. I do not know my trout species too well, but I know we caught brookies, browns, and rainbows. We caught a few fish around 16″, but most were around a foot in length. My friend’s Dad treked up to a secret spot and came back with some nice pictures of two 20″ trout. A few years ago this spot produced about a 25 incher. Have fun fishing.

FlyGuy
    Winona, MN

Glad to hear that you had a good opener. How was the crowding?

Todd Olson
    The Fly Guys Guide Service
    EFN Field Staff
    [email protected]

med
    Austin, MN

I too had a great weekend on the water. I was lucky enough to be able to camp on some private land just south of Rushford, MN. I caught alot of fish this weekend being mostly brookies, I had a couple that went 12″ to 13″. I also had one brown tape 17 3/4″ And also one rainbow that went 15″. All and all GREAT weekend to be out fishing. Saw lots and lots of people out this weekend. Which I think is good for the resorce for one weekend because we all know that 80% of the people I saw will not be back for the next weekend. I used the same lure all weekend which was a green and black spinner with a gold blade.

MED total=211 for the year

largest=17 3/4″

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Boy , them trout are a beautiful fish, Do you think there is anyway you guys could post some pix of your catch ?

med
    Austin, MN

I’m sorry I don’t have a digital camera. Maybe I should get one.

d.a.
    Rochester, MN

I haven’t posted any pictures lately, but I have a bunch at my web page at ontheflyguiding.com. My wife just gave birth to our first child today, so I haven’t been at it as much as I usually am.

Regards,
    D.A.

med
    Austin, MN

Congaulations on your new fishing buddy!!!!!!

MED

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

give me a day or two to scan some in…and my kid can help me figure out how to post them…….some beautiful trout and an X-lent weekend to be camping at Whitewater…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Congradulations D.A.

Quote:

My wife just gave birth to our first child today,

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Hey DA., Congradulations!!!
    John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.