3rd Annual Trout Day

• JimW
    SE MN

Hey all,

The 3rd Annual Trout Day will be held on APril 26th at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park.
    COmplete agenda yet to come. Some events will include fly-fishing and spin fishing for trout seminars
    as well as a Electro-fishing demonstration provided by the Lanesboro fisheries offcice. They will be providing
    a biological perspective on SE MN streams and trout as well. More to come.

This is a FREE event with free door prizes for those who register and attend the days events, stemming from local to statewide
    guided fishing trips, gear, tackle and much more!

A door prize highlight this year: Micah Hanson wildlife artist and winner of the Mn 2003 trout stamp will be donating
    a print of this years winning painting. If you come, you might just get a print of that little stamp
    you adhere to your fishing license this year.

To view Micah’s fine work and this years winning Trout Stamp click on:
    http://www.originalbirdart.com/micahanson.htm

Keep the rods bendin’!!!!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Update:

EFN staffer John Eggers will be assisting again in this years Trout Day, providing some valuable fly-fishing information.

I am still waiting the word from Minn Aqua(funding scenario).

All are welcome, fisherman of ALL ages and level of expertise. FLy people and spin people!

Keep the rods bendin’!!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

All,
    Recently received a phone call from KAthy B from MINN AQUA. She will be presenting at this years event!

Her program is geared towards educating our youth(and adults) in a variety of outdoor related topics!
    Last year, she helped people tie their first fly!
    SO yes this event is for kids too!!! I guess whether or not MINN AQUA came it would still be for kids too!

The educational information both from MINN AQUA and other will be mostly set for 3rd grade on up.

Hope to see you all there on APril 26th!

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Bump

JimW
    SE MN

Here is just a FEW incentives to attending the 3rd Annual Trout Day.

You could win professional guided fishing trips to Lake Vermilion fishing for Muskies and smallmouth with Terry “Ace” Sojberg, The Minnesota river with Dennis Steele, A trout lake(yet to be named near Otter Tail) with Guide Paul Rohwellar, Trout fishing the Cuyuna MIne pits with Tom Herman, A guided trip on the St. Croix with Turk Gierke, a guided trip on SE MN streams with John Eggers and on and on.

Clementson’s resort on the Rainy river is donating a stay at their fine resort! Much more, but agian you can;t win if you don’t attend.

Keep the rods bendin’!!

Jim W

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

maybe i missed this, but how many people do you expect to attend this wonderful sounding event??

JimW
    SE MN

Maybe I missed something as well? How many fish are you going to catch this year???LOL Just joshin’. This event is advertised in various places including ROchester local paper and papers local to my residence and hopefully some public access stuff(if I ever get the time) as well.

So, I honestly can not tell you how many I expect.
    It is open to all.
    I can say however, that last year in the most miserable weather imaginable for an event like this; 30 degrees, wind, rain and snow we had 50+ attendees.

I do expect the numbers to increase, but to what degree?? Who knows.

As a reminder, this is a event I have put together. It is non-profit and I get nothing from this other than the pure pleasure in meeting people, learning good stuff about SE MN streams, rivers and the fish that reside there.
    PLus, there is NO better feeling than giving great prizes away!!!
    It is not directly sponsored by FTR or other competing websites. Websites as most know, are a great way to
    Network.

James has been kind enough to allow me to advertise here, even though it isn’t much of an “advertisement”lol

Anyway, hope to see YOU there “jake”.

Keep the rods bendin’!!!

Jim W

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

oh ya, i think that i just might have to show up. sounds like a good ol time. i’ve never seen an electro fishing demo before, but i heard they can be pretty interesting.

so about what time are we talking here? is it an all day thing? cause that would be fine with me. how bout lunch?

JimW
    SE MN

Registration for door prizes, pre-day howdy do’s, coffee etc
    from 8:00am to 9:00am. The day will run until 3ish. Door prizes will be drawn at the end of the day. Must be present during the day to win.

Just recieved a call from this years Trout stamp artist/winner. He reports he just won the 2004 Delaware trout stamp as well!

On your own for lunch. Brng a grill, sandwiches or whatever. If I served food, that would increase the insurance coverage. No need for belly achers!LOL

Jim W

JimW
    SE MN

Agenda,

8:00am – 9:00am
    Pre-day activities and door prize registrations

9:00am – 11:00am
    Minn Aqua: Fly tying and invertebrate sampling

10:00am Fly fishing seminar by EFN’s John Eggers

11:00am Stream Spin fishing seminar by yours truly.

11:00am – 1:00pm Fishing/lunch etc.

1:00pm – 3:00pm
    Lanesboro Fisheries Office Electro-fishing demonstration and biological perspective on SE MN streams/trout

3:00ish
    Door prize give aways( must attend days event and be present to win, up to discretion of Event Coordinator)

A couple door prizes to mention other than several State wide guided fishing trips, prints, tackle, custom made rods,
    gift certificates, a 3 night stay at Clementson’s resort on
    the Rainy River and the conveniently located Drake Motel in Black Duck, Mn has donated a day stay as well.

See ya there!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I can personaly testify to the fact that this is a great event, especialy for the youngsters. Maybe this weather will settle down so this year we won’t have to wear snowshoes with our waders. But even if the weather isn’t the best, there is more than enough room in the pavillion to keep everyone dry and comfy. I am looking forward to being there!
    JOHN EGGERS

JimW
    SE MN

Getting closer people

JimW
    SE MN

John Eggers,
    Get a hold of me when you can please!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

I’m Ready for It JiM! Folks I can say from experience that this is a great event, especialy for the youngsters. Last year there was a lot of folks looking for help getting their fly rod set up, so this year I’ll try and help a little more in that area as well. So if you’re one of these get your rod, line leader and all and come out to Forestville.
    See you there!
    John Eggers

JimW
    SE MN

I’d like to thank all who attended this years event. It was a success! I’d like to thank EFN’s John Eggers for his time and efforts again this year and his wonderful donations!

The kids really had a “Christmas” this year winning a ton of great stuff!

Steve Klotz from the Lanesboro Fisheries offcie offered a very informative and Valuable session on SE Mn Trout Streams.

I will try and get back with this key stream info soon!

Keep next years day in mind. Generally, the 3rd or fourth weekend in April!

Keep the rods bendin’!!!!!

Jim W

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Man Jim this was a whole lot of fun! I met a lot of great folks and I even caught four small Browns with the fly rod that evening after the show!
    Have some photos and will try to get them to you soon.
    John Eggers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.