Minnesota River walleyes are biting

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

I dont have any pictures, this is just a heads up since it has been so quiet around here.

The walleyes have been biting pretty well for the last few weeks on the Minnesota river. The water is very high, the walleyes are concentrating on the slack water and water inlets.. just about anything that creates a current break and holds some baitfish. Dont be afraid to use your trolling motor and get way back in some of the creeks. Jigs, jig and minnow, live bait rigs… just about everything is producing. The early morning and sunset hours have been best. White bass are also being caught.

There is lots of debris floating on the river and the water is very high, be careful out there.

ERICPAULSON
    MN

Thanks, David. Been wondering what you’ve been upto. See ya on the water.

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

Thats good to hear Dave. I had planned on doing the walleye thing on saturday morning, but it didn’t happen. Hopefully I’ll find some time later in the week or by the weekend to get back on the river.

wiskers
    Redwood Falls,MN

I have been trying over here but he water is still mudded up, hope it clears up soon. Pretty slow so far.

wastewaterguru

There are still fish to be found, but the dropping water levels are making it interesting. Was out the last three days and have found fish in different places each time.

alan34
    MN

here are a couple that I caught on Sat. late after noon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.