White bass help.

• riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

I want to fish for white bass Wendsday around the Shokappee or Belle Plain. I would be comming for the St. Cloud area. Which access should I try or not try? Any other tips are welcome!
    Thanks, Eric

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Not saying this’ll be universally true, but last weekend on pool four the whities were stacked up in the mouths of the feeder creeks, I’m assuming they’re staging to spawn. Firecracker Chart. ringworms and paddletails seemed to work as well as anything else.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I didnt have much luck on whites last saturday in the shakoppee area. I really dont know which way to point you. There isnt much for flowing water out of the creeks unless the last rain had significant impact.

I hope you find much better results than I did. I think I am going to hit pool 2 tomorrow for some whites.

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

I might end up on p-2 too. If you see a alumacraft with a 40 horse Johnson give me a shout.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have a grey alumacraft with a 50 merc tiller on the back. I will be launching out of watergate and fishing from the confluence to the dam.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

The white bass are still hitting good. I got out tonight for a few hours.
    The water temp is now hovering at almost 60! I had 58-59 all night.
    Fishing whiteys is pretty easy, find a creek, (hopefully big enough to get back into) and start casting. I was using a 4″ Lindy Thumpin grub and they were smackin it hard. I started by jigging the deeper parts and then moving shallower and finally casting right to the bank. The fish tonight were right against the bank.

Video from tonight

larry_haugh
    MN

Nice Vid. Dtro
    thanks for sharing, looks like a nice night on the river.
    60F in the main current??? Looks like that last warm rain got things warming in a hurry.
    When we going fishing?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.