Dtro the Cutbait Flatcatching King. Vid included.

• larry_haugh
    MN

Well Dtro and I were able to make it out one more time on the MN river….. (Not sure how many more are left for flats) And once again. Dtro managed to put the largest fish of the night in the boat…… And….. once again it was on a cut bait.

Dtro has been consistantly putting one Nice flathead in the boat on cutbait on the last 3 outings, prior to the sun going down.

The water temp has dropped close to 10 degrees in the last 4 days to the low 60s. It was a chilly night once the sun went down but the bite was still there despite a high pressure system moving in.

Stats for the evening

29lb Flat

11lb Flat

4-5lb channel.

Check out the 5th post in this thread for the vid clip

Way to go Dtro on the nice fish.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pardon the heater? It was impressive how you grabbed the cat in one hand and didn’t even lose an ash in the other! I suppose it is so second nature landing them now….for DTRO

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Nice fish!! That background looked familiar, but I may be mistaken!

Pug – a smoker can keep that heater safe in even the worst of circumstances. I know from experience!!!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Dtro,

What kind of rod and reel are you using on that setup? Looks like a nice rig, and I am always looking to get my hands on another one.

Thanks,
    FB

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Didn’t look like you needed a camera man in the picture. That turned out nice and sharp. Nice fish!

larry_haugh
    MN

Nice fish Mate!
    You need one of those **S kickers to make you appreciate the rest. Its tough by your self to make it work. You did good. The pic turned out good. Wish I could have been there to see that pig live!

jfloren

Very nice channel dtro; I may have to switch over from frogs to cutbait.

Do you mind if I ask if you are doing anything special with the cutbait? Are you cutting it so it looks like a doughnut or a filet? Soaking it in Jello? Do you fish cutbait the same for channels and flatheads? If you don’t get a fish, do you switch to fresh cutbait after a certain length of time?

I hope to get out tonight and try some cut creek chubs. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

jfloren

Thanks for the reply Darren. I tried cut sucker tonight, but should have stayed with frogs. I have one sucker left to try tomorrow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.