family outing

• diggers
    starbuck minnesota

well i was sitting in front of the computor looking at all the fish people are catching, and wishing my boat was up and going when the phone rang. it was my son and he had just got off work and wanted to go out fishing for a little while. well as i have posted earlier, there isn’t much water in our little rivers ant more but thought we would go have a look and see what we could do. first we tried the lake and all we could catch was bullheads, they were nice size, but im not a bullhead fan so we threw them back. then we went to the river and there we found a hole with about 6′ of water. i threw mine in the hole with a strawberry smelt on and got a 3lb cat. then my son threw his in the same whole while i was takeing mine off the hook, well he hooked into a nice 10lber. we managed to get one more that run 4lbs also. then the bullheads turned on and we went home. i guess i taught my children well when it comes to fishing and respect of other fisherman. here are the pics that we took.
    [image][/image]
    [image][/image]

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Nice fish Congrats

There is nothing better than fishing with family

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Nice Kitty’s

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

That 10lber is a chunky monkey.

larry_haugh
    MN

Nice Fish Guys!
    Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Nitefisher, Your recipe is a hit with quite a few guys on IDA myself included!!

diggers
    starbuck minnesota

im happy that it is working for you guys. i don’t know why but you seem to get bigger channels than normal on the stuff. good recipe your fingers don’t stink as bad.

firemen
    PriorLake MN

Nice

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yup Nightfisher…I’ve almost got my favorite wife makeing some bait for me…

Sent her out to get some jello and she came back with this 4 pack of premade sugar free jello with tangerins in them.

She didn’t by the regular jello ’cause she didn’t want to stand over the stove to watch the water boil…AND..these looked “cute”.

Although we love each other…sometimes we just don’t understand each other.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ps..I figure I better put a disclaimer in here…as some folks might take me seriouly.

IF she reads this…and I doubt that she will…she would beat me so silly the dog wouldn’t even let me in his house.

Pug? Could I move in with you?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am just getting out of the doghouse myself! We do however have a beautiful studio shed in the backyard that is available.

diggers
    starbuck minnesota

just remember guys your not making jello your just making a marinaide that is why you don’t use that much water, just enough to desolve the powder. about a 1/2 cup (do not heat).once desolved pour over bait and let sit, i like to let mine sit over night in the fridge.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nightfisher, I believe your recipe is going to be used extensively in the tourney tomorrow! You can’t argue with the success it has already shown. Thanks for sharing with us.

diggers
    starbuck minnesota

i hope it works real well for you guys. as far as sharing that is what these fishing sites are for, not so much as to give your fishing holes away, but to help in the takeing of fish, and the how to’s.

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

i hope it works real well for you guys. as far as sharing that is what these fishing sites are for, not so much as to give your fishing holes away, but to help in the takeing of fish, and the how to’s.

Very Well Said Mate!
    We will have to take a poll to see what Jello brands will be used in the cat contest. We might even have to change the Name to Metro Jello Catfishing Contest.
    Sorry FD couldnt resist.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.