So, who has a long weekend?

• MachineHead

The planets have aligned and have given me four days of nocturnal bliss for this weekend to pursue large creatures with ancient roots. Flatheads. Anyone else so fortunate? And if so, do you intend to do the same? Or do you have plans to do something as mundane as go and watch fireworks that are mostly the same as the ones your neighbors have been lighting off for the last four weeks in preparation to the fourth?

Personally, my fireworks come from within, and the sound of a clicker screaming mercy in the wee hours of the morning have much, much greater meaning to celebrate than some foreign made explosive.

MachineHead

This is awesome. No one else has a long weekend and I get the river to myself.

larry_haugh
    MN

Easy Buddy,
    AS they used to say in the Wild West. “This River aint big enought for the two of us”. “One of us has got to GO”……………. Fishing oh yea!
    Leave some Flatties behind for me. I’m planning on getting out on Sunday Eve. I’ll be working everyday cept monday this holiday weekend.
    If you ever want to link up. PM me. I’m always looking for a fellow MN River Catman to share spots with. I focus on 35w down to the MISS confluence. I also have been exploring up around shakopee lately. I prefer to fish by boat, which I have.
    It was a good night for channels last night. gonna post some pics and video in the Miss catfish section. (check out when you can).
    thanks
    Larry

MachineHead

Looking forward to seeing your pics, Larry. My river haunts are much much further west so I guess there will be enough room…this time.

larry_haugh
    MN

Check out the MN section. Still hoping BK can post a vid. on my channel cat post. I will post a couple more pics. (looks like it will only allow one pic)

This is my buddy Gabe, been fishing for cats for a year and never been able to get any in the boat. Next mission is some nice sized flats.

thanks

Larry

MachineHead

I did notice that in other thread. Perhaps you could just link if you used this: http://www.dropshots.com/ ??

No personal experience, but I think another catter elsewhere (and maybe here) uses it.

And it’s nice to see that your friend has finally broken the ice with a fine looking channel like that.

larry_haugh
    MN

Good idea Mate.
    I need a little time to get set on it. Looks like tonights project after putting the kid to bed.
    thanks
    Larry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.